Terms and Conditions
Special Collections and University Archives is committed to providing broad access
to its collections for teaching, learning, research, and other non-commercial purposes
of scholarship. All researchers agree to the Terms and Conditions detailed below.
- Eating, drinking, and use of tobacco products are strictly prohibited.
- The use of pens or indelible pencils is not permitted. Researchers are encouraged
to bring laptop computers for taking notes.
- Mobile phones are permitted in the reading room, provided they are turned to silent
- Researchers are permitted to take their own digital pictures for study purposes.
- Researchers are responsible for determining Permissions and Copyright and applying for permission to Publish, Broadcast, Quote, or Exhibit from our collections.
- All materials are non-circulating and must be used within designated areas of the
- Some of our collections are housed in remote storage. Researchers who wish to consult
collections of archival materials are encouraged to Make an Appointment ensure that the materials are readily available.
- Researchers agree to respect any conditions of confidentiality or donor-imposed restrictions
that apply to collections.
- Materials must not be marked on, defaced, leaned on, altered, folded, traced on, or
otherwise damaged. They may not be placed in the lap or propped against the edge of
- Material should not be removed from mylar enclosures or from any mounts, nor should
any unopened printed material be opened or paper clips or staples removed.
- Researchers may be asked to wear gloves.