Welcome to the New and Improved UTC Library
In January of 2015, the much anticipated UTC Library opened its doors! This library is bigger and better than any other in UTC's history. Students, faculty and staff can now enjoy these wonderful services:
- 24/5 Study Space
- An enormous computer lounge with 142 Windows and 36 Macs
- 37 group study rooms (29 small, 7 medium, 1 large)
- 2 practice presentation rooms
- 2 quiet lounges
- 7 classrooms
- 8 seminar and conference room
- 29 faculty and graduate student carrels
- 2 visiting scholar rooms
- 1 grand reading room
And of course, the library continues to offer the highest quality research materials and scholarly support materials and programs. Enjoy top-quality research support at the new Information Commons on the 2nd floor, and check out laptops, scientific calculators, video equipment, cameras, physical books, DVDs, and more at the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor.
Not sure where to find what you need in the new library? Chat live with library staff during the library's regular hours, call the library at (423) 425-4501, or ask any staff member in the library.
More of What You Want
In addition to the library, this brand new, state-of the art building includes many wonderful student support services:
- Center for Advisement and Student Success
- Center for Academic and Innovative Technologies
- Copy Services
- Disability Resource Center Student Room
- English Department
- Fellowship of Southern Writers Room
- Graduate Student Lounge
- The University's Permanent Art Collection, maintained by the Art Department
- Walker Center for Teaching and Learning
- Writing and Communications Center
The blood sweat and years devoted to getting this new library built!
Read the building project archives and discover the plans, communications and construction photos from the years spent creating this amazing UTC resource.