Action Required from EndNote Desktop users!
There is a change to the URL that makes it possible for EndNote desktop to search for the full text of articles listed in your EndNote library.
EndNote Online is an online service that allows you to store, share and organize your citations so that you can access them from any computer. By installing the Microsoft Word plugin, you can access your references and automatically create your bibliography as you write your papers. EndNote online is provided free of charge to UTC students, faculty and staff.
Set up your EndNote online account:
- Click on EndNote Online.
- Choose "create an account" and follow screen directions.
The desktop version of EndNote helps you store and organize your research, download new references from library databases, create bibliographies using over 5,000 styles, use your references as you write, share with colleagues, and access and manage your research from anywhere by syncing with your EndNote online account. EndNote is provided free of charge to UTC students, faculty and staff.
- Your UTC password must be up to date. If you have not changed your password recently, log into MyMocsNet, click on the Services tab, and choose Change Password.
- Log in to UTK's Software Distribution site. Log in using your UTC ID and password. (NOTE: UTC ID = NETID).
- Choose Thomson Reuters (EndNote).
- Choose EndNote X7 Installation Instructions for Windows or Mac. Click "download selected item". Save the PDF. Print or open this file - these are your download and installation instructions.
- Choose EndNote X7 for Windows or Mac then click "download selected item".
- You MUST extract the files before installing. (Your EndNote X7 Installation Instructions from step #4 above will help.)
- Follow the Installation Instructions to complete your EndNote installation.
- Once EndNote is up and running, click on the Sync button on the toolbar. You can Sign Up for a new online account or link to your existing EndNote online account.
- How to Use EndNote in 7 Minutes (Windows Version)
- How to Use EndNote in 6 Minutes (Macintosh Version)
- EndNote on Windows: The Short Course (25:44)
- EndNote on the Desktop and Online for Macintosh: A Class Recording (1:03)
- EndNote for Windows on the Desktop and Online: A Class Recording (1:16)
- More EndNote training videos (YouTube EndNote Channel)