How to Request Items
You may now place a hold on an item and we will make it available at the Checkout Desk within 24 hours of your request. You will receive an email through your campus email address notifying you when the item is ready. If we are unable to locate the item, you will receive an email with instructions for how to borrow the item from another library via the library's Interlibrary Loan system.
- Search for available items in our catalog. Click on title or cover image of an available item to see details. You should see a "Place Hold" button. Click on this to request the item.
- Log in to your library account . (Please note: This system is not connected to your
campus UTCID password.) Follow the directions below if you need to set up an account.
- Click "Submit" button to place request.
- You will be notified by your UTC email when your item is available to pickup at the Circulation Desk.
- If you have never logged into your UTC Library Account, you will first need to create a password.
- After landing on the library account page, you will need to click on the "Set/reset
- Your user name, which is your UTC ID, will have already been created by the library.
Type it in and click on the "Request new password" button. The new password will be
sent to your UTC email account.
- Go back to the initial sign in screen and log in with your UTC ID and email-generated password. Once you've logged back in, click on your name and "My Account" in the upper right
hand corner of your browser to reset your password.
- If you encounter any problems, please don't hesitate to contact us.