UTC Library Mission
The mission of UTC Library is to provide access to the information and materials that
support the teaching, research and public service programs of the University of Tennessee
The Library supports these programs by:
- acquiring, organizing, managing, and preserving scholarly information in its own collections;
- providing access to scholarly information which it does not own and which may be located
- offering a variety of supportive reference and instruction services to the students,
faculty and staff of the University;
- sharing information resources reciprocally with other libraries and institutions in
the area, state, region, and nation.
UTC Library endeavors to:
- provide leadership in the access, management, and use of scholarly information;
- review and improve each of its programs and collections continuously;
- budget its finite resources creatively; to secure sources of funding and other resources
outside the normal state allocation process;
- apply technology dutifully in service of scholarship.