Blackboard Mobile Learn allows users to access UTC Learn on mobile devices using a native Blackboard Learn Mobile app. The Blackboard app is currently available on the iOS (iPad, iPhone, iTouch), Android, BlackBerry, and Palm.
To get started search for "Blackboard Mobile Learn" in your app store. Blackboard Moblile Learn is free to UTC students and staff. Download the application and install it on your device.
After launching the app on your device, search for "University of Tennessee at Chattanooga - MH." When prompted enter your UTC ID (abc123) and password to login and access your course in UTC Learn.
UTC Learn Mobile Resources:
- Mobile Learn demos
- Mobile Learn feature guide by device (PDF)
- Mobile-friendly courses: Best practices (PDF)
- Mobile supported file types (PDF)
- Mobile Learn faculty handout (PDF)
- Faculty guide to Mobile Learn tests (PDF)
- UTC Learn Mobile Support
UTC Learn Mobile Limitations:
While UTC Learn Mobile Learn allows for learning anytime and anywhere, not all of UTC Learn's tools and functions work in the mobile environment. The following functions may not work properly in Mobile Learn and therefore should only be accessed via a full browser on a computer:
Students should avoid:
- Taking tests, quizzes, and surveys (unless otherwise indictated by your instructor)
- Submitting assignments
- Collaboration (chat or virtual classroom)
- Viewing Flash based instructional content or movies
Additionally, Instructors should avoid:
- Adding new content
- Building tests, quizzes, and surveys
- Grading or making changes via the Grade Center
- Flash based content or movies
- Collaboration tools