Students can be placed into groups to allow them to work together on projects and
other class activities. The Group feature allows a virtual environment where group
members can communicate and collaborate to work on a specific task.
Simple Steps: From the course Control Panel → Select Users and Groups → Groups → Select Create Single Group → Click Manual Enroll → Give the group a Name and Description → Check the Tools the group will have access to → Select students and use the arrows to manually enroll them in the group → Submit
Available Tutorials: Create Group Set (PDF), Create Single Group (PDF), Create Assignments for Groups (PDF)
Explanation of Group Types:
- Create Single Group: Creates 1 group at a time with a unique name
- Create a Single Group → Self-Enroll: Group Set where student users can enroll themselves.
- Create a Single Group → Manual Enroll: Group Set where membership in each group is
determined by the instructor.
- Create Group Set: Creates any number of groups determined by the Instructor which
a group name followed by a number (I.E. Team 1, Team 2, Team 3, etc.)
- Create Group Set → Self-Enroll: Group Set where student users can enroll themselves in a group of their choosing.
- Create Group Set → Manual Enroll: Group Set where membership in each group is determined by the instructor.
- Create Group Set → Random Enroll: Group Set where student users are assigned to a group at random by the program.