Advising is an integral component of your degree. Here are the steps for introduction to Integrated Studies:
- Students interested should first visit our website and view the "Getting Started" video.
- After viewing the video, please complete and submit the Integrated Studies Inquiry Form.
- The Integrated Studies Office will schedule an appointment with Dr. Potts or Dr. Patterson within 2 business days for their first advisement session.
- Students should switch their major to Pre-BIS: Integrated Studies after meeting with Dr. Potts or Dr. Patterson, should they choose to matriculate in Integrated Studies.
- Students must complete an application for acceptance into the program after completing 42 hours or one semester after switching to Pre-BIS. This application must be typed and submitted in Word format (either .doc or .docx) as an email attachment to Dr. Patterson.
- Application submission deadlines fall close to the last business day of the month indicated:
- Spring Semester: 02/24/2017
- Summer Semester: 05/31/2017
- Fall Semester: 09/29/2017
SCHEDULING A REGULAR ADVISING APPOINTMENT: Once accepted into the program, you will meet with your adviser EVERY SEMESTER to select your classes for the next term. Advising typically is scheduled in the two weeks BEFORE your assigned registration window and usually immediately after a break (after fall break and after spring break). Contact Dr. Patterson (Sumer-Patterson@utc.edu) by email. She will send you an electronic link to her online calendar to schedule an appointment.