Advising is an integral component of your degree. Here are the steps for advisement in Integrated Studies:
- Students interested should first visit our website and view the "Getting Started" video.
- After viewing the video, please complete the questionnaire (also on the website) and email the complete questionnaire to our administrative assistant, Madison Dell (Madison-Dell@utc.edu) with a request for an appointment with an adviser.
- Madison will schedule an appointment with Dr. Potts or Dr. Patterson within 3-4 days (depending on our schedules).
- Students are initially listed as Pre-BIS: Integrated Studies majors.
- Students must complete an application for acceptance into the program after completing 42 hours or one semester after switching to Pre-BIS.
- Application are evaluated by the Integrated Studies Committee.
- Application submission deadlines are as follows:
- Fall Semester: the Friday before Fall Break (10/16/2015)
- Spring Semester: the Friday before Spring Break (3/6/2015)
- Summer Semester: the first day of Summer II Session (6/24/2015)
Every semester, you will meet with your adviser to select your classes for the next term. This will be done in a group advising session, with Dr. Potts and Dr. Patterson facilitating the session. Advising for Fall 2015 will be offered on the following dates in the UC Computer Lab (UC, Room 124):
- Thursday, March 19, 4:30-6:30 PM
- Tuesday, March 24, 4:30-5:30 PM
- Thursday, March 26, 4:30-6:30 PM