Faculty and Staff
For more information about the Solutions Center, please visit: Solutions Center
For instructions on how to manage your UTC account, please visit: Knowledge Base - UTC Account
For more information about your campus email, please visit: Campus Email
For instructions on syncing your Exchange Mail to your mobile device or computer, please visit: Knowledge Base - Exchange
For more information about UTC Learn, please visit: UTC Learn
UTC ALERT is a messaging system that allows UTC to communicate with members of the campus community quickly in the event of an emergency.
The University has created a well-defined set of situations that would prompt a UTC ALERT message. UTC ALERT only will be activated when there is a critical need to transmit urgent information to the campus community. Here are some examples:
- Ongoing safety threats in which an armed or dangerous criminal is at large on campus.
- Major facility emergencies or evacuations. This may include a large scale gas leak, fire, or hazardous material spill, occurring either on campus or near enough to campus to cause a credible threat to members of the campus community.
- Severe weather. This may include a threat from a tornado requiring those on campus to take shelter or an immediate closing due to anticipated weather issues.
For more information about UTC Alerts, please visit: UTC Alerts
The Information Security & Projects Office is responsible for developing and providing on-going training for Windows and Apple software utilized by UTC Faculty and Staff. The goals of the IT Training Program are to:
- Develop and implement training for various software products, as requested by faculty and staff
- Provide hands-on training in computer labs
- Provide trainees access to online training materials
- Query faculty and staff for suggestions related to training methods and topics
For more information about Scantron Grading, please visit: Scantron Grading
For more information about reserving the computer classroom, please visit: Reserve the Computer Classroom
All University-owned computers come preloaded with certain software. Departments can order other software if it is needed for business. Staff have the benefit of being able to receive discounts on software for personal use as an employee with the University. Visit our Software page for a complete list.
For more information regarding software for faculty and staff, please visit: Software for Faculty and Staff
Faculty, Staff, departments and Organizations can request an additional email account.
To request an additional email account, please visit: Email Request
For instructions regarding phones and voicemail, please visit: Knowledge Base - Phones
IT provides data storage for UTC staff and departments. Departments are given space to share data among other employees within the department. Staff have data storage assigned to them to use as back up of business documents to protect against data loss.