Connecting to the Internet
- Know your UTC ID and password
- Test your computer before coming to campus
- Have an Anti-Virus program
- Keep device up-to-date
- Register your computer on the network
- To test your UTC ID and password, make sure you can log in to MyMocsNet. If you are unable to do so, you may need to reset your password. For instructions on how to do that, please view the following knowledge base article: Reset Forgotten Password
- If you think your computer is secure and updated, you may test it by going to the following pre-registration link: Link to Pre-Registration
- Anti-Virus programs for Android devices are recommended, but not required. For a list of our recommended anti-virus programs, view the software page.
Mac OS X
- Anti-Virus programs for Mac OS X are recommended, but not required. For a list of our recommended anti-virus programs, view the software page.
- Anti-Virus programs for Windows are required. You must have a supported anti-virus in order to connect to the internet on campus. For a list of our recommended anti-virus programs, please view the following page: Supported Anti-Virus for PC
Mac OS X
- Currently, our network requires Mac OS X 10.6 or higher. You should also install all of your available software updates. You can find instructions on installed Apple software updates by clicking the following link: How to install Apple software updates
- Currently, our network requires Windows XP or higher. You should also install all of your important Windows updates. You can find instructions on installing Windows updates by clicking the following link: How to install Windows updates
- The final step to connecting to the internet is registering your computer. For more information about why UTC requires computer registration, please visit the Network Services site. While on campus, if your computer is not registered, any attempt to browse an external website using the campus network will redirect you to the registration portal. If it fails to do so, you may access the site by typing in the following link to your browser address bar: http://portal.utc.edu/. Once the registration process is complete, network access will be granted. This process will not be needed again unless your computer is not connected to the network for 120 consecutive days.