Getting Started with IT
Welcome to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga! This guide will you get connected to the IT resources that are available, it will help you prepare for on campus computing and show you where to get help.
After receiving your acceptance letter
- Set up your security questions and password: Knowledge Base
- Familiarize yourself with MocsNet, UTC Online, and MocsMail+
- Connect your email to your phone: Knowledge Base
What should I purchase?
- Find a computer that works well for your budget and needs.
- Printers are available on campus if you don't want to buy one. If you do decide to purchase, wireless printing is NOT supported.
- 8GB+ Flash drive
- Ethernet cable
- USB printer (optional)
Prepare your computer
- Update your computer: Windows Updates, Apple Software Updates, Java Updates, Flash Updates
- Select an antivirus: Supported Antivirus Programs
- Run a scan to see if you pass requirements: Net Access page
Sign up for UTC Alerts: Sign up now
Back up data to an external drive or Google Drive.