I first came to work at UTC in 1994, in the Computer Center in Hunter Hall, as a Computer Operator. I ran mainframe backups and reports on the old HP 3000’s during the evening shift. Even though the HP 3000’s no longer exist, many people on campus still remember them running Reflection and producing those enormous printouts: Tallies (class rolls).
I returned to UTC in 2000 as a Help Desk Technician, where I worked for 13 years. I recently changed positions and moved to the IT Security & Projects Department as an IT Security & Projects Specialist and Trainer. I offer training in Microsoft Office products and other software, as needed. I am also teaching as an adjunct instructor for the Department of Psychology. I love working at UTC and watching our students navigate the path to graduation.
1. What is your beverage of choice? Açaí Berry and PomegranateTea
2. What would you choose for a super power? Immortality with regeneration, like the Highlander
3. What four people, living, dead, or undead, would you invite to your dinner party?
My Mom and Dad
4.What is your current favorite gadget? iPad, iMac, MacBook Pro, Apple TV – notice a theme. An iPhone will soon to be added to the list.
5. What is your favorite condiment? Cholula Chipotle Hot Sauce - especially on Champy’s Chicken!
6. Name a hobby you would turn into a career, if possible: Reading mystery and suspense novels. I may even attempt to write one some day.
7. What is the first album you bought? A Monkey’s album and it was actually vinyl. I already had the 45 with Davey Jones singing “Cheer Up, Sleepy Jean”. I wore it out playing it so much.
8. What is your favorite band and why? The Eagles, especially their Desparado album. Why – classic greats! I love old rock-n-roll: Three Dog Night, Grand Funk Railroad, Deep Purple, Led Zepplin, Chicago, Frampton, and Leon Russell (to name a few).