I currently lead projects, provide internal consulting, and direct middle-tier support of applications, databases and technologies for Strategic Systems, which includes Banner and associated solutions, Website - www and MyMocsNet - services, and Event/Calendar management technologies. I am on the Banner Core and Banner Planning teams. I chair the Banner Security team and coordinate Technical Review processes in IT. I recently led the Web Reboot project to implement a web content management system (CMS) and to redesign the website for UTC.
I have provided cost effective, high quality information technology solutions in dynamic and growing University settings for 30 years. I have an exceptional ability to understand both technical and functional business issue and an outstanding ability to lead diverse technical staff. I strive to collaboratively and synergistically arrive at high quality/lower cost solutions to meet university goals in concert with best practice technical requirements.
Technical experience: I have worked across the spectrum in IT, including:
- Technical support
- Computer lab management
- Computing Science departmental support
- Wide variety of administrative systems and applications (including General Ledger, Student Accounts, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Financial Aid, Student Registration, Admissions, Alumni, Development, Grading, Course Evaluation, Identity Management, Email, etc.),
- Telecom: pbx & voice mail administration
- Unix system administration
- Database administration
- Network management
Brief job history:
- 2013-present - Director of Strategic Systems at UTC
- 2008-2012 - Director of Information Systems and Coordinator of IT for the (second) Banner Project at UTC
- 2006-2008 - Director of Information Systems at UTC
- 2002-2005 - Director of Systems and Networks at UTC
- 2000-2001 - Senior IT Consultant at UTC
- 1998-2000 - Independent consultant, including work with Special Projects (first Banner project) at UTC and with the Office of the Executive Vice President, Clark Atlanta University
- 1985-1998 - Manager of Systems and Applications - and a variety of prior positions - in the Information Technology Center, Xavier University of Louisiana
- 1983-1985 - Institutional Research Officer, in Planning and Evaluation, Xavier University of Louisiana.
- 1977-1982 - Researcher, programmer, instructor, and teaching assistant, at departments of Applied Behavioral Science and of Sociology, UC Davis.
- 1980: Candidate for Ph.D., Sociology, University of California, Davis, CA
- 1977: M.A. Sociology, University of California, Davis, CA
- 1974: B.A. Liberal Arts, Raymond College, University of the Pacific, Stockton, CA
In what spare time I have, I like to take pictures, garden, play with my grandchildren, and work with my church on communications, use of technology, and ministries to men and in support of strong marriages.