Sync Exchange Mail to Android
Due to the different versions of the Android OS, these instructions may not be exact. These are provided as a guideline and will address most configurations.
- Open Settings
- Select ‘Accounts’
- 'Accounts' may be named 'Accounts & Sync' depending on your version of Android
- Select 'Add Account'
- 'Add Account' may be the '+' button near the top of the screen depending on your version of Android
- Select ‘Exchange’
- Enter your UTC email address (ex. Jane-Smith@utc.edu)
- Enter your UTC password
- Under the ‘Username’ field, enter your UTC ID with the domain specified (ex. UTC\abc123)
- Under the ‘Server’ field, enter ‘xmail.utc.edu’
- Select ‘Next’
- When the ‘Remote security administration’ window pops up, select ‘OK’
“Cannot connect to server”
- By default, the ‘Server’ field will be ‘utc.edu’
- Change the ‘Server’ field to ‘xmail.utc.edu’
- Enter 'UTC' under the 'Domain' field
- The 'Server' and 'Domain' fields might not be present unless you select 'Manual Setup' depending on your version of Android
“Username or password is incorrect”
- By default, the ‘Username’ field will be your UTC email address.
- Change the ‘Username’ field to ‘UTC\utcid’
- Replace ‘utcid’ with your 6-character UTC ID (ex. abc123)
- If this does not correct your issue, you may need to reset your password: Change Your UTC Password