Upload Multiple Files/Folders to a Document Library in SharePoint
Some of SharePoint's functionality depends on ActiveX, which is only supported in Internet Explorer (32-bit). If you're using a web browser that is not Internet Explorer and you run into problems, try using Internet Explorer in compatibility mode instead. For more information about SharePoint browser support, select your version of SharePoint: SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2007.
- Open your web browser and navigate to the SharePoint library you are uploading files to
- Select the 'Library' tab from the Quick Access Ribbon
- Select the 'Open with Explorer' option
- This option may not appear unless you are using Internet Explorer (32-bit)
- If prompted, enter your UTC ID and password
- A Windows Explorer window should open to display your SharePoint site's file structure
- Select the files/folders you want to upload, and drag them onto the Windows Explorer
- Hold the Ctrl key while selecting to select multiple items individually
- Hold the Shift key while selecting to select groups of items at once
Contact the Solutions Center by calling (423) 425-4000.
- Say you are having trouble uploading files/folders to SharePoint.
- To speed up the process, mention what troubleshooting steps you have already taken.