Upload a Document/File to SharePoint
Some of SharePoint's functionality depends on ActiveX, which is only supported in Internet Explorer (32-bit). If you're using a web browser that is not Internet Explorer and you run into problems, try using Internet Explorer in compatibility mode instead. For more information about SharePoint browser support, select your version of SharePoint: SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2007.
- Open your web browser to your My Site page in SharePoint (spaces.utc.edu/sites/[MYSITE])
- Replace [MYSITE] with the URL to your SharePoint My Site page
- Select the 'Documents' tab from the Quick Access Ribbon
- Select 'Upload Document'
- Select 'Browse'
- Navigate to the file you want to upload and click it
- Select 'Open'
- Check 'Overwrite existing files' if you are uploading a newer version of a file that
is already in SharePoint
- Selecting 'Overwrite existing files' can result in files being deleted or overwritten, so do not check this option unless you're sure!
- Select 'OK' to upload the file
Contact the Solutions Center by calling (423) 425-4000.
- Say you are having trouble uploading a file to SharePoint.
- To speed up the process, mention what troubleshooting steps you have already taken.