Map Departmental Shared Drive to Your Windows Computer (Off Campus)
You must be given access permissions from the Identity & Access Management Department in order to access a departmental shared drive. To request access for yourself or someone else, you must be a faculty/staff member and you must know the specific directory that you are requesting access to.
- Open the Start menu
- Right click on ‘My Computer’
- Select ‘Map Network Drive…’
- Under the ‘Drive’ dropdown menu, select ‘S:’
- Under the ‘Folder’ field, enter ‘https://files.utc.edu/shared/shared#’
- Replace the ‘#’ symbol with the correct shared drive for your department (ex. 1 – 9)
- Check ‘Connect using different credentials’
- Select ‘Finish’
- Under the ‘Name’ field, enter your UTC ID with the domain specified (ex. UTC\abc123)
- Under the ‘Password’ field, enter your UTC password
- Select ‘OK’
"I Don't Know My Shared #"
- Open your preferred web browser to: https://files.utc.edu/shared/index of folders.html
- Under the 'User Name' field, enter your UTC ID with the domain specified (ex. UTC\abc123)
- Under the 'Password' field, enter your UTC password
- Select 'Log In'
- Locate your department in the list of folders
- Use the shared # your department is listed under