Sponsor Internet Access for Multiple Guests
If you are a guest wanting to obtain internet access, you will need a current member of UTC faculty or staff to sponsor your account.
- Open your preferred web browser to: https://helpdesk.utc.edu
- Under the ‘User ID’ field, enter your UTC ID (ex. abc123)
- Under the ‘Password’ field, enter your UTC password
- Select ‘Login’
- If this is your first time logging in, it may take 1 to 2 minutes to create your account.
- Under the ‘Summary’ field, enter 'Guest Account – Multiple’
- Under the ‘Phone’ field, enter your phone number (ex. 423-425-4000)
- Under the ‘Problem Type’ dropdown box, select 'Accounts'
- Under the 'Category' dropdown box, select 'Create ID'
- Under the 'Symptom' dropdown box, select 'Guest Wireless'
- Under the ‘Description’ field, enter the following information:
- The first name, last name, and email address of each person who would like a guest account (ex. Jane Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The start date and time of when the guests will need access (ex. 03/14/15, 1:00pm)
- The end date and time of when the guests will need access (ex. 03/14/15, 3:00pm)
- The name of the event or reason for the guest accounts
- Select 'Save'
Once the request has been fulfilled, an email will be sent to each individual with his or her login credentials.