The Network Services department works to design, develop, and implement a secure,
reliable, and proficient wired and wireless network. Our purpose is to provide UTC
Students, Faculty, and Staff with secure access to many of the resources available
on and off campus.
Some of the services and equipment we provide and/or support are:
- 2+ gigabits of internet bandwidth over multiple off campus internet links
- Redundant DNS servers
- Redundant DHCP servers
- Network device monitoring via Intermapper
- Network access control functions via Network Sentry
- Supporting various network equipment in over 125 communications closets
- Includes network switches and routers, UPS systems, wireless access points, cabling, fiber, and other network related resources
- Often the equipment/services we support are rarely thought about unless they are broken.
Network statistics as of August 30, 2013
Network Devices - The number of devices that make up UTC's network.
Internet Connectivity - UTC's connection to the outside world.
Network Users - The number of user devices using UTC's network.
The number of user devices only include ones registered through the campus network registration system. There are probably more than this owned by users, they just aren't using them on UTC's network.
Report an Issue
If you have any technology issues please contact the UTC Help Desk or Student Help Desk first. They will be able to provide you more timely support and contact us when appropriate. Below are the methods contacting the Help Desk.
- Preferred method: Self reporting by opening a request in our ticket system at https://helpdesk.utc.edu/footprints/help.html
- Phone Call: on campus dial 4000 from any phone including red phones or off campus (423) 425-4000
- Walk in: faculty/staff/students can visit us at 317 Doctor's Building (across the street from Yellow Deli) or students can stop by 124 UC (Student Technology Center)