Any employee, regular or term, who sustains a job-related injury or illness in the course of employment with the University, and receives treatment from an approved provider, and whose claim is submitted and approved by the Division of Claims Administration, is covered under the State of Tennessee Workers' Compensation Program.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS PROCEDURES CHANGED.
1. If a person is seriously ill or injured and needs immediate attention you should dial 9-1-1 or extension 4357 (HELP). Once appropriate assistance is on the way you should immediately contact Kathy Taylor at 425-4452 or Human Resources at 425-4221.
2. All incidents, regardless if seeking medical attention or not, and accidents/injuries must be reported by the injured employee and supervisor to the CorVel nurse triage line at 1-866-245-8588 (24 hour hotline). A registered nurse will assess your situation and advise you about approved medical providers in your area. You may ask the nurse for approval to go to a specific doctor or places you've used before.
3. After reporting the incident/accident/injury to CorVel, phone Kathy Taylor at 425-4452 or Human Resources at 425-4221.
5. Complete and sign a Report of the on-the-job Injury or Illness and give to your supervisor for completion.
6. Read Employee and Supervisor Instructions. The employee should sign acknowledging receipt of the instructions/information packet. The signature sheet (page 1) should be returned to Human Resources but the employee should keep the other pages for future reference.
7. If you are off work for over a week, it is the employee's responsibility to keep your supervisor and Human Resources informed of your return to work status. Upon your return to work, inform Kathy Taylor as soon as possible. Read UT Human Resources Policy 397: Workers' Compensation.
8. You must stay in the CorVel network of providers. If an unauthorized provider is used, the employee will be responsible for payment of bills. Phone CorVel at 1-866-245-8588 for any referrals to other providers, treatments, or durable equipment.
9. Prescriptions may be filled at any CVS or Walgreens by identifying it as a Workers' Compensation claim. Other pharmacies included in the network may be found by phoning Cypress Care at 1-800-419-7191. Take this form with you when filling a prescription.
10. If you need treatment at a later date, phone Kathy Taylor or Human Resources before seeking medical treatment.
updated March 15, 2016
Insurance Guidelines for leave without pay due to Workers' Compensation
If an employee is placed on leave of absence without pay as a result of an on-the-job injury, the University will provide the monthly premium for the employee's health insurance coverage. The University will continue to provide the monthly premium for health coverage as long as the employee is receiving a temporary lost disability payment from the State of TN Workers Compensation Administrator. However, it is the employee's responsibility to provide the premium payment for all optional coverage (dental, life, disability). The University will NOT send a billing for the premiums and it is the employee's responsibility to provide the premium payment by the 10th of each calendar month.
updated September 10, 2014