Compensation and Payroll
UT’s Compensation Advisory Board (CAB) was launched in March 2010 to help guide the University’s compensation philosophy, structure and programs. The 13-member board serves in an advisory capacity and includes administrators, faculty and staff from every campus and institute. Dr. Richard Brown, Executive Vice Chancellor for Finance and Operations at UTC, was named as chair of CAB in 2011 and is dedicated to the University’s desire to improve the total compensation of its employees.
Salary Schedule effective August 1, 2015
Salary schedule for regular staff employees, effective August 1, 2015 .
E-Verify required for all new hires within 3 days of hire date
Effective January 1, 2012, Tennessee state law requires that the work authorization
status of all newly hired employees must be verified through the federal E-Verify
program. The E-Verify process must be completed within 3 days of an employee’s hire date. Failure to comply with these regulations can result
in substantial penalties to the University, with fines up to $2,500 per violation
and $2,500 per person not properly verified.
Read MORE →
What is Employee Self Service?
An employee (regular, term and student) may access Employee Self Service by using their university Net ID and password to log in, then click on the Employee Self-Service Tab and select the desired feature.
An employee does not have to be an IRIS user. For assistance with NetID or password, contact the Help Desk at 425-4000.
How do I view my pay statement?
Employees can view, print, email and/or download their current pay statement as well as pay statements from the previous three years through Employee Self Service.
An email notification will be sent to the employee's NetID@tennessee.edu email address on the day prior to a pay date. This is a reminder that the on-line pay statement is available for viewing. Read MORE...
How do I view my W-2 (Employee Wage and Tax Statement)?
Your W-2 (Employee Wage and Tax Statement) form for tax year 2015 is now available online. You will also be receiving a paper W-2 form by the end of January. If you do not receive this paper form, or need to re-print it for any reason, you may now do so by visiting https://irisweb.tennessee.edu/irj/portal/W-2. In addition to tax year 2015, you may view, print, and download W-2 forms for any year back to 2002.
For tax year 2015, the Affordable Care Act requires the University to report the cost of coverage under an employer-sponsored group health plan in box 12 with code DD. Reporting the cost of health care coverage does not mean that the coverage is taxable. This reporting is for informational purposes only.
You may also use Employee Self Service to update your address (home and/or office), phone number, W-4 withholding, view your training history, etc. Use your university Net ID and password to log in, then click on the Employee Self-Service Tab and select the desired feature.
- Home Address Update – You may change your home address and you may add up to 4 additional telephone numbers for fax numbers, cell numbers, and alternate telephone numbers. You may also change your disclosure declaration limiting how much information is published within the University. Each time you make a change on this screen you will receive an email notification that your information has been changed.
- Office Address Update - You may change your office telephone number and add up to 4 additional telephone numbers for fax numbers, cell numbers, and alternate telephone numbers. You may also change your disclosure declaration limiting how much information is published within the University.
- IRS Form W-4 Update – This screen allows you to change the tax withholding declarations used by the payroll system when calculating your federal income tax withholding. For example, if you get married or you want an additional amount withheld you may want to change your current declaration. Each time you make a change on this screen you will receive an email notification that your information has been changed.
- Personal Data Update – This allows you to create or change the race, ethnicity, and veteran status you have declared for yourself.
- Education/Degrees Display – This display has been enhanced to show all known degrees you have received. Previously only the most recent degree was shown.
- My HR128 Training History - This allows you to view your training history that is stored in IRIS.