Annual Transfer/Open Enrollment Period
The annual enrollment period for 2016 benefits will be September 15 - October 15, 2015. The deadline to submit changes is 4:30 Central Time (5:30 Eastern Time) October 15th.
All changes must be made online using Edison ESS (Employee Self-Service). Your User ID and a temporary password will be mailed to your home address. If you do not receive this or are having trouble logging in, please call the Edison password reset Call Center at 844-390-9100. View Edison self-service instructions.
This fall, a new health insurance option will be offered in addition to the Existing Preferred Provider Organization plans. Information may be found on the ParTNers for Health website and by attending a presentation in the University Center, Raccoon Mountain Room. Registration is not necessary to attend. Session dates/times are:
- Wed, September 9 from 1:30 - 2:30 pm
- Wed, September 16 from 12:30 - 1:30 pm
- Thurs, September 24 from 10:30 - 11:30 am
- Wed, September 30 from 1:30 - 2:30 pm
- Tues, October 6 from 10:30 - 11:30 am
This is the only time of the year when participants can make changes in their insurance coverage. Changes in coverage become effective on January 1 and remain in effect through December 31, unless you have lose eligibility or experience a Life Qualifying Event.
What Else is Changing for 2016?
- Cigna’s network will change to Cigna LocalPlus network. Find a provider online or phone (800) 997-1617 or to verify that your current provider(s) participate in the LocalPlus network. If you are currently enrolled in Cigna and do not make a change during the annual enrollment period, you will automatically be enrolled in Cigna LocalPlus and your provider(s) may not be participating in this plan. NOTE: CHI Memorial Health Care System/facilities is NOT in the Cigna LocalPlus network. Services at any Memorial Health Care System/facilities will be considered out-of-network.
- Prepaid Dental Insurance vendor will change to Cigna Prepaid Dental Insurance. Find a provider online or phone (800) 244-6224. If you do not select a dentist, one will be assigned to you. If you are currently enrolled in this plan and you do not make a change during the annual enrollment period, you will automatically be enrolled in Cigna Dental.
- Preferred Provider Dental Insurance will change MetLife Dental Preferred Provider Organization. Find a provider online or phone (855) 700-8001. If you are currently enrolled in this plan and you do not make a change during the annual enrollment period, you will automatically be enrolled in MetLife Dental.
During annual enrollment, participants can:
- Enroll in or cancel health insurance for yourself or your eligible dependents
- Change health plans - switch between Partnership and Standard PPO (subject to eligibility) or enroll in the new Wellness HealthSavings CDHP or HealthSavings CDHP
- Transfer health insurance carriers - select either Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Cigna
- Enroll in, transfer, or cancel dental insurance - Cigna (Prepaid Plan) or MetLife (Preferred Provider Organization)
- Enroll in, transfer, or cancel vision insurance - Basic or Extended plan
- Enroll in, change coverage, or cancel Optional Special Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Enroll in, change coverage, or cancel Optional Term Life
- Apply for Long Term Care Insurance through MedAmerica Insurance Company