Annual Transfer/Open Enrollment Period
The 2017 Annual Enrollment Period for State and Higher Education employees has now closed. Changes you select during this time period will become effective January 1, 2017.
Annual Enrollment is the only time of the year when participants can make changes in their insurance coverage. Changes in coverage become effective on January 1 and remain in effect through December 31, unless you have lose eligibility or experience a Life Qualifying Event.
During annual enrollment, participants can:
- Enroll in or cancel health insurance for yourself or your eligible dependents
- Change health plans - switch between Partnership and Standard PPO (subject to eligibility) or enroll in the new Wellness HealthSavings CDHP or HealthSavings CDHP
- Transfer health insurance carriers - select either Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Cigna
- Enroll in, transfer, or cancel dental insurance - Cigna (Prepaid Plan) or MetLife (Preferred Provider Organization)
- Enroll in, transfer, or cancel vision insurance - Basic or Extended plan
- Enroll in, change coverage, or cancel Optional Special Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Enroll in, change coverage, or cancel Optional Term Life
- Apply for Long Term Care Insurance through MedAmerica Insurance Company