Summer Intern Housing
Intern Housing is currently full for the Summer.
Stay at UTC for the summer!
UTC Housing and Residence Life provides summer housing to any college student interning or working with local businesses in the Chattanooga area from late May through July. This can be for UTC students or students attending other universities.
Summer Interns will be housed with UTC Summer School Students in Stophel Apartments.
- Complete application
- Invoice will be emailed to you
- Mail in Money order, must be received 5 days prior to move in
- Receipt will be emailed once Money Order has been received
All interns will be housed in Stophel Apartments. When possible, interns will be housing with other interns with the exception of summer school residents who also reside in this complex. If an intern is requesting to reside in an apartment alone, the intern must rent all four bedrooms in the apartment. All residents should expect to receive a roommate while residing in UTC Housing facilities unless the entire apartment is "bought out". Stophel Apartments require swipe card access which will be given to you through a temporary access card unless you obtain a UTC ID.
- Private room
- Full size mattress
- Linens not provided
- Kitchen: stove, oven, fridge and microwave
- Handicap accessible rooms (available on request)
- Laundry in each apartment
- Wireless Internet
- Staff available 24/7who are knowledgeable and familiar with UTC and the Chattanooga area
$26 per night/per person
Sunday, May 15th, 2016 - Friday, July 29th, 2016
Check-In & Check-Out
Check In/Outs are typically scheduled Monday - Friday between 8am-8pm or by appointment.
Check-ins - email Jason Harville with your anticipated arrival time.
Check-outs - schedule an appointment with your Resident Assistant at least 3 days prior to your check out date.
Summer parking information can be found at UTC Parking Services
* Parking is not included with housing fee.
Aquatics and Recreation Center (ARC) Membership
$10 Per Week.
- 123,000 square ft. Aquatic and Recreation Center
- Secure access to ARC & Maclellan Gym
- Lounge space
- Basketball/volleyball/soccer courts at the ARC and multi-purpose courts at Maclellan Gym
- Indoor track
- Day use locks and lockers
- Fitness classes
- Fitness floor with cardio and weight machines, as well as, free weights
- 5 lap lanes
- Hot tub
- 2 story water slide
- Access to Intramural sports
- Access to Outdoor Programming equipment trips and rentals
- Bouldering wall and climbing tower
- Not a current UTC Student
- Must be living on-campus (18+ years old) in the residence halls that are associated with camps, conferences or internships (youth summer camp participants are not eligible)
Summer Housing Resident Pricing:
- Check our website at
UTC Aquatic and Recreation Center for accurate pricing.
- Up-to-date Campus Recreation facility hours can be found at Campus Rec Hous.
Stop by the Campus Recreation office in the Aquatic and Recreation Center from 8:00am-5:00pm, M-F to join.
Cash, Check, Visa or MasterCard accepted!
Feel free to contact us via email @ CampusRec@utc.edu or via phone @ 423.425.4213.
I understand that I am responsible for the temporary access card and the replacement of the card should I lose it. (Replacement cost is $20)
I understand that I am responsible for the entire rent assessment for the dates I list in advance that I will reside in UTC Housing facilities ($26 person/night). Should I make the decision to vacate the housing prior to my planned check out date, I understand that no refund will be given.
I understand that if i wish to extend my stay longer than what was initially paid for I must notify the housing office and pay the additional fee 5 business days before my originally scheduled check out date.
Rent assessment for your entire stay is due in advance through a Money Order only. Payment must be received 5 business days prior to check in.
Please mail Money Order to:
UTC Housing & Residence Life
Attn. Summer Intern Housing
615 McCallie Avenue, Dept. 2202
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Jason Harville - Assistant Director of Housing and Residence Life
Main Housing Office
- Complete the application below.
- UTC Housing will send you an invoice based on the dates noted on your application.
- Once payment (Money Order only) has been received UTC housing will confirm receipt through email and notify you of your assignment.
- UTC housing will submit a request on your behalf for an affiliate ID with UTC. This ID is needed to gain access to the UTC wireless internet and to purchase a UTC parking pass or gym membership at the Aquatics and Recreation Center.
By filling out the below form, the above terms are accepted for Accommodations and Responsibility; I consent to the use of electronic records and agree to all policies and procedures - as they apply to me - of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
An email will be sent to you confirming receipt of application and payment.