Room Assignment Guide for Fall 2015 Transfer Students
1. Review Buildings & Rates
- Building preferences are not guaranteed and are subject to availability.
- Rates are for the 2014/2015 academic year. Please anticipate an increase for the 2015/2016 academic year.
2. Meal Plan
- All students who live on campus are required to purchase a meal plan.
- Review the meal plan options before completing you application: Campus Dish
- Although meal plans are chosen through the housing application, please direct all meal plan questions to the Mocs Card Office at (423) 425-4109.
3. UTC ID
- In order to complete a housing application you must be admitted to the university and have your UTC ID and Password.
- Please set up your MyMocsNet account before you log in to apply for housing. Please note: it may take a day or two after being admitted to be able to log in to the system. Additionally, if you have recently changed or set up your password in My Mocs Net please allow one day before attempting to log in to our system.
- For assistance with your ID please contact admissions at 423-425-4662.
4. Communication between Housing and Students
- All communication is through the STUDENT’S UTC email account!
- If you have questions you may call 423-425-4304 or email email@example.com from your UTC email account.
- We would also like to remind you how quickly our housing fills. It is important for you to complete your application as soon as possible after being admitted.
APPLICATION AND APPLICATION FEE (Available January 21, 2015 at 8:00am)
*Submitting an application does not guarantee you housing for the 15/16 academic year.
- Log into your “Mange my Housing Account”
- Click “Manage My Housing” twice
- Select “Apply for Housing”
- Fill out required information
- Pay the $25 application fee (onetime, non-refundable fee)
- Acceptable forms of payment:
- Credit or Debit Card - Visa or MasterCard
*Assignments will start in April 2015 and continue on a rolling basis through August. We suggest you check your UTC email once a week.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee you housing for the fall semester.
- Assignments will be made based on application complete date (earliest date first).
- Fall 2015 assignments will start in May 2015 and will continue throughout the summer.
$225 Pre-payment due by:
May 6, 2015
May 15, 2015
May 20, 2015
May 29, 2015
June 3, 2015
June 12, 2015
June 17, 2015
June 26, 2015
July 1, 2015
July 10, 2015
- You will receive an email by 5pm on assignment dates with your room assignment information
- Once assigned you have 10 days to pay your $225 pre-payment to confirm your room.
CONFIRMATION PROCESS1. Log into your “Mange My Housing” account
2. Click “Mange my Housing” twice
3. Click “Contracts and Assignments Confirmation”
4. Accept Your Contract
5. Pay your $225 pre-payment
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How will I know when I’ve been assigned?
All communication is through the STUDENT’S UTC email account! Once assigned you will receive an email with instructions on how to confirm the assignment by paying the $225 pre-payment.
How do I check my UTC email account?
- Click My MOCS Net
- Log in using your UTC ID & Password (included in your admissions packet)
- Once logged in click “Mocs Mail+” in the top right corner
Why didn’t I get assigned to one of my building preferences?
The building you requested did not have space at the time of assignment to honor your request. Assignments are made based on application complete date and room availability and are not guaranteed.
Why can’t I list a roommate on my application?
We are unable to accommodate roommate requests for transfer students at this time.
What if I missed the deadline to pay the pre-payment? What happens to my room?
Students who do not pay the $225 pre-payment within the 10 days will have their application and assignment cancelled for non-payment. If you still plan to attend UTC, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your application be reactivated, you will then be eligible for the next assignment date.
How do I update my preferences (building and/or meal plan)?
Please call the Housing Office to change and/or update your preferences.
What is overflow housing?
Temporary accommodations (traditionally we have used a local hotel), until we can provide you a permanent room assignment on campus.
I have decided to attend another university, what do I need to do?
- Please complete the “Housing Cancellation Request” through your Manage My Housing account to cancel your housing application.
- You will also want to contact admissions to cancel your enrollment. http://www.utc.edu/admissions/