Room Assignment Guide for
Fall 2014 Transfer Students
Review Buildings & Rates
- Building preferences are not guaranteed and are subject to availability.
Rates are for the 2013/2014 academic year. Please anticipate an increase for the 2014/2015 academic year.
- We are unable to accommodate roommate requests for transfer students at this time.
3. Meal Plan
- All students who live on campus are required to purchase a meal plan.
- Review the meal plan options before completing you application: Campus Dish
- Although meal plans are chosen through the housing application, please direct all meal plan questions to the Mocs Card Office at (423) 425-4109.
4. UTC ID
- In order to complete a housing application you must be admitted to the university and have your UTC ID and Password.
- Please set up your MyMocsNet account before you log in to apply for housing. Please note it may take a day or two after being admitted to be able to log in to the system. Additionally, if you have recently changed or set up your password in My Mocs Net please allow one day before attempting to log in to our system.
- For assistance with your ID or password please contact admissions at 423-425-4662.
5. Communication between Housing and Students
- All communication is through the STUDENT’S UTC email account!
- If you have questions you may call 423-425-4304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org from your UTC email account.
- We would also like to remind you how quickly our housing fills. It is important for you to complete your application and pay your fees early.
APPLICATION AND APPLICATION FEE (Available January 31, 2014)
*Submitting an application does not guarantee you housing for the 14/15 academic year.
- Click the "Apply Now" button below
- Complete Application
- Under application tab click "Apply Now"
- Select Fall 2014 Transfer Application
- Enter your building preferences
- Select a meal plan
- Pay the $25 application fee (onetime, non-refundable fee)
- Under the Make Payment Tab select $25 Application Fee
- Acceptable forms of payment:
- Credit or Debit Card - Visa or MasterCard
- If you are unsure that your payment has been submitted click the "Receipts: tab under
Make Payments. If you see your receipt the payment was submitted correctly. If you
do not have a receipt please resubmit your payment.
- Complete Application
*Assignments will continue on a rolling basis through July & August. We suggest you check your UTC email once a week.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee you housing for the fall semester.
- Fall 2014 assignments will start Friday, April 4, 2014 and will continue throughout the summer.
- Assignments will be made based on application complete date (earliest date first).
- Check your UTC email account regularly for assignment information.
- Once assigned you have 10 days to pay your $225 pre-payment to confirm your room.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How will I know when I’ve been assigned?
All communication is through the STUDENT’S UTC email account! Once assigned you will receive an email with instructions on how to confirm the assignment by paying the $225 pre-payment.
How do I check my UTC email account?
- Click My MOCS Net
- Log in using your UTC ID & Password (included in your admissions packet)
- Once logged in click “Mocs Mail+” in the top right corner
Why didn’t I get assigned to one of my building preferences?
The building you requested did not have space at the time of assignment to honor your request.
What if I don’t like my assignment?
You may email email@example.com and request to cancel your assignment and be placed back into the pool of applications for the next assignment date. Choosing to go into the next assignment date does not change your application complete date. Going into the next assignment date is risky and does not guarantee that you will be placed in one of your preferred buildings. Please keep in mind that the number of rooms available is reduced during each assignment date.
What if I missed the deadline to pay the pre-payment? What happens to my room?
Students who do not pay the $225 pre-payment within the 10 days will have their application and assignment cancelled for non-payment. If you still plan to attend UTC, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your application be reactivated, you will then be eligible for the next assignment date.
What if I want to change my assignment after I confirmed and paid the $225 pre-payment?
- You may email email@example.com and request to cancel your assignment and be placed back into the next assignment date.
- Going into the next assignment date is risky and does not guarantee that you will be placed in one of your preferred buildings. Please keep in mind that the number of rooms available is reduced during each assignment date.
- We do not provide waiting list for specific complexes.
Can I list a current student or freshmen student as a roommate preference?
In order to provide the best service for our large student body, assignments are divided up into 3 categories: Incoming freshmen, Transfers and Current students. Each group goes through room assignments at different times, therefore students can only be matched as roommates if they are in the same category. Additionally, we are unable to accommodate roommate requests for transfer students wanting to live with other transfer students.
How do I update my preferences (building and/or meal plan)?
Please call the Housing Office to change and/or update your preferences.
What is overflow housing?
Temporary accommodations (traditionally we have used a local hotel), until we can provide you a permanent room assignment on campus.
Who gets placed in overflow housing?
Since assignments are based on when you completed your application, overflow housing has traditionally been assigned to students that applied for housing late. Please keep in mind that the application opened November 1st, 2013.
I have decided to attend another university, what do I need to do?
- Please complete the Request for Release form under the FORMS menu to cancel your housing application.
- You will also want to contact admissions to cancel your enrollment. http://www.utc.edu/admissions/
What if I have a special request?
Please send an email from your UTC email account with specific information on your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.