Room Assignment Information for Current Students
16/17 Room Selection
Current Student application will open Monday, January 25th, 2016 at 8:00am EST.
Students must apply by February 28th, 2016 to be eligible for room selection.
Room Selection held March 7-11, 2016 (more details and schedule coming soon)
- Room Changes/Free Move Period - a resident may request to move to another room/complex.
Student can complete the room change request form through Manage My Housing.
- Students who submit the form during the Free Move Period, (January 13-20) will not be required to meet with their Resident Director nor pay the $25 room change fee.
- Students who submit the form after the Free Move Period will have to meet with their Resident Director for approval and will be charged the $25 room change fee if approved to move.
Please be aware, if you are requesting to move to a room with a higher rate:
- If you have a balance with the University then you are ineligible to participate.
- These additional fees will be due and payable immediately and will result in a hold on your account if not paid.
Room change form will be available starting Wednesday, January 13th through Manage My Housing.
Resident Directors will initially approve the request which will then be sent to the Main Housing office for final approval, provided rooms are available.
Starting January 19th, students will be notified via email by the main housing office when they are eligible to move.
Students will have 48 hours to move from their old room to their new room.
Room changes will continue to be approved throughout the semester, as long as rooms are available.
Student must checkout of their old room with a Resident Assistant and turn in their key within 48 hours.
Room changes are subject to room availability and are not guaranteed.
- Spring Assignment - residents living on campus for the fall 2015 will remain assigned to the same room for the spring 2016 semester. All residents have signed a 9-month academic year contract (fall & spring semesters).
- Room Consolidation - after the Free Move Period, the Housing department will determine if any consolidation is necessary. Apartments/Rooms with vacancies may be consolidated.
Summer Housing information - click the Summer Services link in the left menu.
- Application opens Friday, March 18, 2016.
Winter Break Room Changes - All room changes must be requested before Thanksgiving and move must be completed by December 1st, 2015. Otherwise, room changes will have to wait until the free move period in January 2016.