Room Assignment Information for Current Students
- Room Changes/Free Move Period - a resident may request to move to another room/complex.
Student can complete the room change request form through Manage My Housing.
- Students who submit the form during the Free Move Period, (TBD) will not be required to meet with their Resident Director nor pay the $25 room change fee.
- Students who submit the form after the Free Move Period will have to meet with their Resident Director for approval and will be charged the $25 room change fee if approved to move.
Please be aware, if you are requesting to move to a room with a higher rate:
- If you have a balance with the University then you are ineligible to participate.
- These additional fees will be due and payable immediately and will result in a hold on your account if not paid.
Room change form must be completed with your Resident Director, please schedule a meeting with them to complete the form.
- Resident Directors will initially approve the request which will then be sent to the Main Housing office for final approval, provided rooms are available.
- Starting January 19th, students will be notified via email by the main housing office when they are eligible to move.
- Students will have 48 hours to move from their old room to their new room.
- Room changes will continue to be approved throughout the semester, as long as rooms are available.
- Student must checkout of their old room with a Resident Assistant and turn in their key within 48 hours.
- Room changes are subject to room availability and are not guaranteed.
- Spring Assignment - residents living on campus for the fall 2016 will remain assigned to the same room for the spring 2017 semester. All residents have signed a 9-month academic year contract (fall & spring semesters).
- Room Consolidation - after the Free Move Period, the Housing department will determine if any consolidation is necessary. Apartments/Rooms with vacancies may be consolidated.
Winter Break Room Changes - All fall semester room changes must be requested before Thanksgiving and approval/move must be completed by December 1st, 2016. If you wish to have a new assignment for the spring semester, please check back for complete detals on the winter break room change process.
17/18 Room SelectionCurrent Student application will open Monday, January 23rd, 2017 at 8:00am EST.
Students must apply by February 26th, 2017 to be eligible for room selection.
Room Selection held March 6-10, 2017 (more details and schedule coming soon)
- 16/17 Waiting List Information
- Current students who completed an application but did not select a room during room selection are automatically placed on the waiting list.
- We will assign students off the waiting list based on application complete date (earliest first).
- If you no longer wish to be on the waiting list please send us an email to cancel your application, email@example.com
- Check your email for updates on your assignment.
- Summer Housing information - click the Summer Services link in the left menu.
Application opens Friday, March 17, 2017.