Guide for Current Students (Fall 2013)
Three easy steps to select your room
- Starting January 28, 2013, complete a returning student housing application for fall 2013 and spring 2014.
- Pay the $225 reservation fee (The $25 application is a one-time fee that you should have already paid if you are currently living on campus.) The $225 reservation fee must be paid by February 28, 2013 to be eligible to select a room to select a room during priority room selection period.
- Students selecting a room during room selection may cancel their assignment by June 1 with no penalty and receive their $225 reservation fee. After June 1 students enrolling for the fall semester 2013 will be held responsible for the housing contract and may not cancel their housing assignment or receive a $225 reservation fee.
Selection Dates for Returners
In an effort to ensure that residents have a solid and stable foundation to build their academic careers upon, we have implemented the following room selection process for the 2013-2014 Academic Year. It is imperative that you review the following selection dates and determine your selection date. If there are no available rooms to choose when your priority time opens, students can go online place themselves on the waiting list. Students requesting placement on the waiting list must cancel their wait list request on or before June 1st 2013, or they will be held responsible for the housing contract if assigned.
All eligible rising sophomores may select rooms in preferred building on the designated days.
- March 4 – Boling and Stophel
- March 6 – Johnson Obear and UC Foundation
All eligible upperclassmen student may select room in preferred building on the designated days.
- March 5 – Boling and Stophel
- March 7 – Johnson Obear and UC Foundation
For more information on How to Select a room during Room Selection please select the Educate Yourself tab, select Educational Videos and watch the video titled Room Selection: How To Choose a Room.
* Rising Sophomores are defined as: First-time college students enrolled at UTC for the first-time in the Fall 2012 or Spring 2013 and have a current room assignment through housing.