Become a Resident Assistant
The Resident Assistant position is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have on campus. This position provides an opportunity to meet new people, make a difference in the lives of others, and teach you skills for your future. As an RA, you will have an opportunity to graduate with a unique skill set and memories that will last a lifetime!
*The application deadlines for both Fall and Spring have passed*
Spring 2016 positions: November 1st, 2015 @ 11:59pm
Fall 2016 positions: December 8th, 2015 @ 11:59pm
There are several required components of the Resident Assistant application process – please see below for more information! An application is not considered finalized until all four pieces are completed.
- Complete a 2016-2017 Resident Assistant Application, including three completed reference forms.
- Complete an individual RA interview with current residence life staff members.
- You may schedule this interview online as part of your RA application. Interviews for Spring 2016 positions will be held in mid-November, and interviews for Fall 2016 positions will be held in January.
- Complete the Resident Assistant group process class (Fall 2016 applicants only).
- Once individual interviews are completed, those students selected to continue in the process will be invited to our group process class. Classes will meet once per week for five weeks, between February 1st and March 4th. More information about group process will be provided upon completion of individual interviews.
- Attend a Resident Assistant information session.
- Dates and times are listed below – all sessions will be held in the University Center
- October 22nd @ 5pm
- November 11th @ 5pm
- November 30th @ 5pm
- January 11th @ 5pm
- Dates and times are listed below – all sessions will be held in the University Center auditorium
** All sessions will be held in the University Center Auditorium
What Qualifications Do I Need To Be An RA?
- Minimum of 24 completed semester hours
- Minimum 2.3 cumulative GPA
- Must have lived in any university housing for at least one semester (does not have to be at UTC).
- Must have a clean conduct record with the university
**RAs must maintain full-time student status and maintain a 2.3 semester and cumulative GPA each semester they are employed.
Dates and Deadlines
Spring 2016 Applicants
|Interest Sessions||October 22nd, 2015|
|Spring 2016 Applications due||November 1st, 2015|
|Candidates notified of status via email||November 6th, 2015|
|RA individual Interviews||November 10th, 2015|
Fall 2016 Applicants
|Interest sessions||See above for dates and times|
|Fall 2016 Applications due||December 8th, 2015|
|Completed reference forms due||January 8th, 2016|
|Candidates notified of status via email||January 11th, 2016|
|RA Individual Interviews||January 20th, 2016|
|RA Group Process class||February 1st – March 4th|