Resident Assistant Application Process
RA Applications are available starting Monday, October 3rd, 2016
The Resident Assistant position is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have on campus. This position provides an opportunity to meet new people, make a difference in the lives of others, and teach you skills for your future. As an RA, you will have an opportunity to graduate with a unique skill set and memories that will last a lifetime!
There are several required components of the Resident Assistant application process – please see below for more information! An application is not considered finalized until all four pieces are completed.
- Complete a 2017-2018 Resident Assistant Application, including three completed reference forms.
- Complete an individual RA interview with current residence life staff members.
- You may schedule this interview online as part of your RA application. Interviews for Spring 2017 positions will be held in mid-November, and interviews for Fall 2017 positions will be held in January.
- Once individual interviews are completed, those students selected to continue in the process will be invited to our group process class. More information about group process will be provided upon completion of individual interviews.
- Attend a Resident Assistant information session. Dates and times are listed below.
- Minimum of 24 completed semester hours
- Minimum 2.3 cumulative GPA
- Must have lived in any university housing for at least one semester (does not have to be at UTC).
- Must have a clean conduct record with the university
- RAs must maintain full-time student status and maintain a 2.3 semester and cumulative GPA each semester they are employed.
Dates and Deadlines
- Monday, October 10th at 6:00 PM (UC Signal Mountain Room)
- Wednesday, October 12th at 6:00 PM (UC Signal Mountain Room)
- Thursday, October 20th at 6:00 PM (UC Signal Mountain Room)
- Tuesday, October 25th at 6:00 PM (UC Foundation Classroom)
- Wednesday, November 2nd at 6:00 PM (UC Raccoon Mountain Room)
Additional Information Sessions will be added in late November and January for fall 2017 candidates.
Spring 2017 Applicants
|Spring 2017 Applications due||November 4th, 2016|
|RA individual Interviews||November 15th, 2015|
|Candidates notified of status via email||November 18th, 2016|
|Deadline to accept offer||November 22nd, 2016|
Fall 2017 Applicants
|Fall 2017 Applications due||January 17th, 2017|
|Completed reference forms due||January 17th, 2017|
|New RA Individual Interviews||February 14th, 2017|
|RA Group Process||February 18th, 2017|
|Candidates notified of status via email||March 20th, 2017|
|Deadline to accept offer||March 24th, 2017|
|Fall 2017 RA Orientation||April 1st, 2017 (mandatory training)|