The department’s dynamic History Club provides opportunities for socializing and serious discussion of the historical past.
Since fall term 2015, history major Kathleen Devore has served as the History Club president. The current faculty advisor is Dr. Susan Eckelmann Berghel.
More information can be found on the History Club Facebook page.
History Club Mission
- To expose students to recent historical scholarship through speaker series and provide opportunities to meet scholars across and beyond UTC
- To engage students with historical topics creatively and socially through movie discussions, historical tours, museum visits, and service learning projects.
- To familiarize students and faculty with local institutions, organizations, and communities that participate in and further historical exploration.
- To forge connections between student majors and minors as well as invite non-student majors to take part in debates and activities about the past and the historical discipline.
- To prepare students for success after graduation through professional workshops.