To create nationally engaged programs of excellence that advance active living and healthy eating.
With a focus on active living and healthy eating, the department of Health and Human Performance prepares students for professional careers, conducts successful applied research, and appropriately engages our communities and professions in the venture of enhancing health-related quality of life.
Our mission is accomplished through
People, Partnerships and Performance
- Advocating for a strong and diverse faculty committed to programs of excellence in the study of health and human performance
- Conducting and coordinating professional conferences, workshops and seminars
- Conducting and disseminating research and scholarly activity
- Providing service and consultation in health and human performance with university, metropolitan Chattanooga, national, and international partners
- Promoting and marketing programs, products and services in health and human performance
- Bridging across other disciplines and sectors to promote health and human performance in order to reach a diversity of people among a variety of settings
- Promoting professional development and evaluation
- Developing and delivering progressive and innovative programs of study in health and human performance
- Supporting and promoting professional leadership across the disciplines of health and human performance