- Ph.D., Continuing and Vocational Education, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2003
- Neonatal Nutrition Fellow, James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, Indianapolis, IN, April – July, 1991
- M.S., Food Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI, 1990
- B. S., Dietetics, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI, 1988
- Principles of Nutrition
- Nutrition Assessment
- Nutrition Counseling
- Nutrition Education
- Maternal and Child Nutrition
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Advanced Metabolism
- Dietetics as a Profession
- Community Nutrition
- Quantity Food Service
- "Clarifying expectations to improve the learner instructor working relationship: A conduit for enhancing learner engagement, self-efficacy and metacognition", 2011 – 2012.
- "Clarifying expectations: implementing hopes for learning and instruction as a conduit for motivating learners", 2010 – 2011.
- "Motivational Interviewing knowledge and skills performed in nutrition counseling course", 2009 – 2010.
- Research Study participant, Dr. Phil Price, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, audio comment in an online learning course, Fall 2007 – Fall 2008.
- Learning experiences that assist students, inside and outside of the classroom, in achieving competencies, Medical Nutrition Therapy course, Spring, 2007.
- Qualitative data collection in: "Student engagement in learning", 2006.
- Wasniewski, G., Seaborn, C., Schmidt, C and Nyland, R. “Gluten-free and casein-free diets as am alternative form of treatment for autism spectrum disorders.” JADA, abstract, Vol 110, no. 9, September, 2010.
- Schmidt, C. and Knudsen, L. “An Update about learning experiences, inside and outside of the classroom, that assist dietetic students in achieving competencies.” The Digest; Research practice group of the American Dietetic Association, Spring 2009.
- Rott, C. , C. Seaborn, C. Schmidt, R. Taffalla, J. Pejsa. N. Evers, An eight week mindful eating education program increases self efficacy and weight loss. ADA Food and Nutrition Conference, Chicago, preceedings of ADA journal/abstract, 2008.
- Graff, A. Schmidt, C.,Biggerstaff, E., Seaborn, C. Food Variety and Quality of Life in Congregate Meal Participants in Dunn County, WI. Food and Nutrition Conference, Chicago, preceedings of ADA journal/abstract,2008.
- Schmidt, C. and Verdegan, L. “Learning experiences, inside and outside of the classroom, that assist dietetic students in achieving competencies.” Dietetic Educators of Practitioners Newsletter, Fall, 2007.
- Buergermeister, J., Harris E., and Schmidt, C. “Using Best Practices and the Digital Environment to teach Computer Applications for Hospitality”, Information Technology in Hospitality, Vol. 4, 2007.
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Classroom Technology Committee Member, Fall 2013 - 2014
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, Program Reviewer, Fall 2012 – Spring 2015
- Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers, Member, 2006 - present