Welcome to the UTC GATP
We welcome you to the UTC GATP Family. Here are 2 pages which contain much of the information you might need as you prepare for your move to Chattanooga. The first page is a list of potentially helpful websites. This 2nd page is a web site that acts as a Relocation Guide.
- Where to live? (Apartment information)
- Where do I keep my money? (Banking)
- Who do I contact for my utilities? (Cable, Electricity, Water, etc.)
- Any tips on paying for Graduate School? (Scholarship information)
- Where should I go to eat?
- What is there to do when I need to get away from campus? (Things to do!)
- Who is in the new cohort?
Here is a web site for relocating to Chattanooga that you might find helpful: Chattanooga Relocation Resources
Much of the stuff I will place here can be found it the relocation resources web site.
Here is a list of Apartments and their approximate location to campus. Many of our students live out toward the Red Bank/Signal Mountain area of Chattanooga, specifically on Mountain Creek Road. This is a relatively safe area and the commute is not too bad since there are really two ways to get into town by either the highway or through the Northside. Apartment List HERE
Pool House for Rent:
Dr. Burch Oglesby in the HHP Dept. and his wife have a pool house to rent. They have rented it in the past to several of our students. From what I have heard it looks pretty nice. If you are interested in this opportnity contact Dr. Oglesby yourself. Here are the details:
- 1600 sq feet
- Great for one or two people
- Large living room, kitchen, dining room – all fully furnished
- Master bedroom has nice closet and bath – full size bed, night stands and chest of drawers.
- Additional bedroom is nice size w/ a full size bed and wardrobe
- Additional full bathroom off main living area
- Large storage room/closet for extra clothing, etc.
- Kitchen - dishwasher, refrigerator, washer and dryer
- Free basic cable
- Free wifi
- Free local phone service
- Alarm system
- Pool right outside your door
- 5 to 10 minutes from campus depending on traffic and lights
- Rent $800 for one person plus electric, $1000 for two people plus electric
- Electric bill range $50 to $175 depending on outside temperature and your use of the AC/heating system
- Garage parking for two cars
- No smoking
- No pets
- One year lease
- One month security deposit
Call Burch Oglesby 423-255-3282
Small Desk and Chair
Jesse Littlefield, (graduating GATP student) is looking to get rid of a small desk and chair. Contact her directly for details at email@example.com.
Banking information is available HERE. This comes directly from the Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce web site.
The following information is related to utilities in Hamilton County (which is the
county Chattanooga resides within).
Volunteer Energy Cooperative
Landline Phone,Internet and TV Services
EPB Fiber Optics
Tennessee American Water
Eastside Utility District
Hixson Utility District
Savannah Valley Utility District
Serves Northeast Hamilton County
Soddy-Daisy-Falling Water Utility District
Union Fork-Bakewell Utility
Walden’s Ridge Utility District
AT&T – Gunbarrel
AT&T – Hixson
Cricket – Lee Highway
T-Mobile – Hamilton Place
Verizon – Gunbarrel
Verizon – Hixson
Verizon – Ooltewah
We have created a list of potential scholarship opportunities. We have not screened these sites or studied them in any way. Please feel to access any of those on the list which may apply to you. The Scholarship List is available HERE.
There are literally too many places to list here of all of the places to eat. Here is a web site that provides you with a great deal of information on where to eat, depending on your taste or what you are hungry for. There will be no reason for you to go hungry.
This link will give you a very extensive list of things to do in Chattanooga in your free time. Click HERE to find out all there is to do.
George Washington University
University of Memphis
University of Washington
Western Oregon University
Univ. of TN at Chattanooga
Hiram (OH) College
Univ. of TN - Knoxville
University of North Texas
Univ. of TN at Chattanooga
Univ. of California at Irvine
Anderson (SC) University
Furman (SC) University
Berry (GA) College
Deferred from 2013
Tennessee Tech University
Penn State University