APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga welcomes international students. The requirements for international students are listed below. Please click HERE for more detailed information from the UTC International Students web page.
Requirements for international students are as follows:
- Completed and signed Graduate School application form. The link is: http://www.utc.edu/apply/
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee.
- TOEFL [Test of English as a Foreign Language] scores must be officially reported by the Educational Testing Service. A minimum score of 550 (213 computer/79 internet) is required. IELTS score of 6.0 or higher.
- Documentation of financial resources sufficient for nine months of study will be required prior to issuance of I20. There are no loans available to international students.
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended.
- Submit a clear copy of current passport with photo page and expiration date.
- Immigration Documentation: Students meeting all admission requirements and wishing to attend the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga will need an F1 student visa. If currently studying in the U.S., submit a copy of current I20, I94, visa, passport, and international adviser release form. Please see the International Studies Application Guide
- Student Health Services Requirement: The state of Tennessee requires that all students born after 1956 provide the university documentation of immunization with two (2) live measles vaccinations after age 12 months, unless inadvisable due to pregnancy, allergy to vaccine, or other valid medical reason. A verification of immunization, signed by a health care provider is required.
FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: ALL MATERIALS FOR ADMISSIONS TO THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE AT CHATTANOOGA GRADUATE SCHOOL ARE TO BE SENT TO THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES OFFICE AT:
Att: Lora Cook
International Student Services
201 Hooper Hall
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37403