All General Education courses should have the following statement on the course syllabus:
- This course is certified as a General Education course fulfilling the <name of category> category(ies). Please consult with your advisor and check the specific requirements for your major to determine if this course is a good fit for your plan of study.
- The overall outcomes for the category are: <list the category or subcategory outcomes>.
Click for a MS Word document listing all of the category outcomes.
Sample Syllabi for each General Education Category are linked below. If a course is certified for more than one category, the syllabi must include outcomes for all certified categories.
- Rhetoric and Writing I Sample Syllabi
- Rhetoric and Writing II Sample Syllabi
- Fine Arts & Humanities
- Natural Science Sample Syllabi
- Behavioral & Social Science Sample Syllabi
- Non-Western Sample Syllabi
- Mathematics Sample Syllabi
- Statistics Sample Syllabi