All General Education courses should have the following statement on the course syllabus:
- This course is certified as a General Education course fulfilling the <name of category> category(ies). Please consult with your advisor and check the specific requirements for your major to determine if this course is a good fit for your plan of study.
- The overall outcomes for the category are: <list the category or subcategory outcomes>.
Click for a MS Word document listing all of the category outcomes.
Syllabi templates for each General Education Category are linked below. (See Syllabus Resources for how to format these in accessible format. Be sure to SAVE the file as a .doc once you have completed editing.) If a course is certified for more than one category, the syllabi must include outcomes for all certified categories.
- Rhetoric and Writing I Syllabi Template
- Rhetoric and Writing II Syllabi Template
- Fine Arts & Humanities
- Natural Science w/Lab Syllabi Template
- Natural Science no Lab Syllabi Template
- Behavioral & Social Science Syllabi Template
- Non-Western Syllabi Template
- Mathematics Syllabi Template
- Statistics Syllabi Template