General Education Behavioral & Social Sciences Outcomes
Students are required to complete six (6) credit hours in the Behavioral and Social Sciences category. These two courses should be from different disciplines unless requirements for the major stipulate otherwise.
The purpose of this category is to explore the nature of human behavior and social systems.
Upon completion of the required credit hours in this category, students will be able to:
- Use and communicate evidence and theory to examine individual, social and or cultural phenomena.
- Explain the strengths and limitations of behavioral or social science methods in predicting human behavior.
- Describe and explain social or behavioral phenomena by applying a discipline’s concepts and/or theories.
- Engage in reasoning using qualitative or quantitative social science or behavioral science tools and information.
- Analyze empirical observations in relation to discipline-appropriate theoretical constructs.