Assistant Professor in Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering Graduate Program Coordinator
University of Mississippi Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, 2008
Huazhong University of Science & Technology B.S. in Civil Engineering, 1998
- Assistat Professor, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Chattanooga TN 2013-Present
- Senior FEA Engineer, Comau Inc. Southfield MI 2013
- Postdoc Research Associate, Univeristy of Mississippi Oxford MS 2008-2012
- Structural Engineer, Lingyun Tech. Wuhan China 1999-2003
- ENCE 5420 Finite Element Analysis
- ENGR 2220 Probability and Statistics for Engineering
- ENCE 2460L Mechanics of Materials Lab
- ENCE2460 Mechanics of Materials
- ENGR 2220 Probability and Statistics for Engineering MWF 9:00AM-9:50AM
- ENCE 3680 Design of Concrete Structures MW 2:00PM-3:15PM
- ENCE 2460L Mechanics of Materials Lab M 1:00PM-4:00PM
- ENGR 2220 Probability and Statistics for Engineering MWF 11:00AM-11:50AM
- ENGR 5600 Statically Indeterminate Structural Analysis W 1:00PM-4:50PM
- ENGR 2220 Probability and Statistics for Engineering MWF 10:00AM-10:50AM
- ENCE 3680 Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures TTh 09:25AM-10:40AM
- ENGR 5910 Special Topics in Finite Element Analysis
- ENGR 5420 Finite Element Analysis
- ENGR 5660 ENCE 4999 Advanced CE Materials
- ENGR 2220 Probability and Statistics for Engineering
- ENGR 5600 Statically Indeterminate Structural Analysis
- ENCE 3680 Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures
- ENGR 5420 Finite Element Analysis T Th 3:00PM-4:50PM
- ENGR 5660 Advanced CE Engineering Materials T Th 1:30PM-2:45PM
- Editor-Civil Engineering Journal
- UTC Civil Engineering graduate program coordinator
- Fracture modeling to Recycled Aggregate Concrete
- Applying Periodic Boundary Conditions (PBC) in FEA
Mentoring and Advisoring
- Phillip York, Computer modeling of PLUG for Repaid Repair of Levee Breaches(thesis), Present
- W. Yang, Damage modeling of RAC by FEM and XFEM (thesis), Graduated
- A. Batchu, Analysis and Repair of Pretensioned Double Tee Canopy Beam, Graduated
- T. Haraway, Sequoyah Nuclear Plant Cooling Towers Double Tee Beam Canopy Crack Mechanism and Repair Solutions, Graduated
- Ausama Hashim, Seismic analysis to retaining wall on HWY 27 using FEA , Graduated
- Computational mechanics
- Computational modeling of materials
- Nanomechanics of composites
- Finite Element Modeling
- Computational Fluid Dynamics in Civil Engineering
- Building and important infrastructure hazard evaluation and protection
- Structural health monitoring (SHM) for civil infrastructure
- Nondestructive evaluation of materials
- Statistics for engineering research
- Computational biomechanics
- Wu,W., Yang, W., Owino,J., Fomunung, I., Onyango, M. (2016), “Modeling Crack of Recycled Aggregate Concrete by Extended Finite Element and Concrete Damage Plasticity ”, Under review by Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering
- Liang, Y., Wu,D.,Liu,Li,Y.,Gao,C., Ma,Z, and Wu,W. (2016), "Big Data-enabled Multiscale Serviceability Analysis about Aging Bridges", Digital
Communications and Networks, 2(3), pp. 97-107.
- Wu,W., Fomunung, I, Owino,J.,Onyango, M. (2016), “Thermal Cracking Analysis of Pre-stressed Double Tee Beam Using FEA”, in preparation to be submitted to Finite Elements in Analysis and Design
- Al-Ostaz,A., French, B.A., and Wu,W. (2016), “ Nanoscale characterization of hydrated cement paste and Portland cement clinker, Submitted to Materials Characterization
- Wu, W., Al-Ostaz, A., Cheng, A. H.-D. and Song, C.R. (2011), “A molecular dynamics study on the mechanical properties of major constituents of Portland cement,” ASCE Journal of Nanomechanics and Micromechanics,1(2), pp 84-90.
- Wu, W., Al-Ostaz, A., Gladden, J., Cheng, A. H.-D., and Li, G. (2010), “Measurement of mechanical properties of hydrated cement paste using resonant ultrasound spectroscopy,” Journal of ASTM International, 7(5)
- Wu, W., Al-Ostaz, A., Cheng, A. H.-D. and Song, C.R. (2010), “Concrete as a hierarchical structural composite material,” International Journal for Multiscale Computational Engineering, 8(6), pp. 585-595.
- Al-Ostaz, A., Wu, W., Alkhateb, H. and Alzebdeh, K.I. (2009), “Joint effect of shape and size on progressive damage of random composites,” Computational Material Science, 46(4), pp. 1141-1151.
- Al-Ostaz, A., Wu, W., Cheng, A. H.-D. and Song, C.R. (2009), “A molecular dynamics and microporomechanics study on the mechanical properties of major constituents of hydrated cement,” Composites B, 41(7), pp. 543-549.
- Song, C.R., Wu, W. and Al-Ostaz, A. (2008), “Effects of Force Field in Molecular Mechanics Simulation of Geo-Materials,” Proceedings of GeoCongress 2008, ASCE GSP 179, pp.1012-1019.
- Wu,W., Owino, J., Fomunung, I. , and Onyango, M. " Structural analysis to the innovative hybrid carbon nanotube-graphene sheet nanostructure", Twenty-fourth International Conference on. COMPOSITES/NANO ENGINEERING (ICCE-24), Haikou, Hainan Island, China July 17-23, 2016
- Wu,W., Haraway, T.K., Batchu, A.S., Fomunung, I, Owino,J., and Onyango, M. " Finite element thermal crack analysis of prestressed double tee canopy beam", Simulia (Abaqus) 2016 Science in the Age of Experience, 2016, Boston, MA
- Wu,W., Owino, J., Fomunung, I. , Onyango, M., and Al-Ostaz, A. "Finite Element Modeling for Damage of Recycled Aggregate Concrete", ICCEASI 2015, July 1-3, 2015, Hongkong
- Wu,W., Owino, J., Al-Ostaz, A. and Cai, L. " Applying periodic boundary conditions in Finite Element Analysis ", Simulia (Abaqus) Community Conference 2014, Providence, RI
- Wu,W., Owino, J., and Al-Ostaz, A. “ Combination of nanodiamond and nanofiber: potential candidate for making nanoengineered concrete”, 2013 Mid-South Area Engineering and Sciences Conference
- Wu, W., Al-Ostaz, and Cheng, A.H.-D.(2011) "Concrete as a Hierarchical Structural Composite Material" MAESC 2011, Memphis, May 3, 2011.
- Wu, W. and Al-Ostaz, A. (2008), “Multiscale Modeling and Simulation of Concrete and Constituent Materials: From Nano to Continuum” Proceedings of The first American Academy of Mechanics Conference, New Orleans, June 17-20, 2008.