Making Opportunities for Computer Science and Computer Engineering Students (MOCS) Scholarships
Listen to this opportunity….
You are eligible to receive a scholarship from the National Science Foundation if you meet the following criteria:
- You intend to pursue a Bachelor degree in the Computer Science or Computer Engineering at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- You have a GPA of at least 2.8.
- You meet the Federal eligibility guidelines and requirements to receive financial aid (see www.fafsa.ed.gov).
- You are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- You are encouraged to apply if you are from underrepresented groups.
Scholarships of up to $4,800 will be awarded to you if you meet the criteria and are selected by a committee of UTC faculty. These scholarships will be awarded in addition to any financial support you are currently receiving. They will not reduce the financial aid you are eligible to receive from other sources.
Application Form (HERE)
The application includes an application form, the student’s academic records (ACT or SAT scores), current transcript, two letters of recommendation, and a short one-page essay written by the applicant. The essay should discuss the applicant’s professional goals, computing abilities, community involvement, what he or she has learned about the field, what strengths and weaknesses the student possesses, and what the student’s aspirations are for a computing career. One recommendation letter must come from a teacher in the student’s program of study (high school or college). The other letter should come from someone other than the student’s immediate family. Applicants will be judged based on their financial need, academic record, letters of recommendation, and essay.
If you have any questions, please contact Li Yang, Associate Prof. of Computer Science and Engineering at (423) 425-4392 (Li-Yang@utc.edu)
Address your application materials to Li Yang at the following address: