Educational Opportunity Center
“College, don't know where to start?
... We do!”
The Educational Opportunity Center offers FREE counseling and information to those who do not already have a four-year degree and who want to enter or continue a program of postsecondary education. Don't have a high school diploma or GED/HiSet? We help with that too!
Some of the services that the EOC can provide:
- Selecting a GED/HiSet program.
- Choosing a college.
- Career counseling and assessments.
- Completing college applications - we work with all colleges!
- Filling out the FAFSA (Free Application For Student Aid) to start the financial aid process.
- Learning about Tennessee HOPE Scholarship.
- Finding and applying for other scholarships and grants.
- Community workshops - need a workshop about college access? Call us for more information.
Are YOU ready to go to college?
If so, call us at (423) 425-1702 to set up an appointment with one of our Education Advisors. All of our services are FREE!
The Educational Opportunity Center is funded by the U.S. Department of Education. We serve anyone who does not already have a four-year degree and who reside in one of the following counties:
- Tennessee: Hamilton, Marion, Sequatchie, Bledsoe and Grundy Counties
Preference is given to those that are low-income, first generation (neither parent graduated from college with a four-year degree) and are interested in attending college. We are proud to serve our area Veterans and military families! We also assist youth in Foster Care and homeless youth.
Find us on FACEBOOK.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY EVENTS
There are lots of changes in the Financial Aid process this year. If you know someone who is considering college or is already going, have them call the Educational Opportunity Center at (423) 425-1702 for assistance. The FAFSA will be available on October 1, 2016 for the 2017-2018 academic year. This FAFSA will use 2015 income tax information again this year. Our office will be available to file FAFSAs on Saturday, October 1, in the Financial Aid Office at the UTC University Center from 9:00-1:00. We will also be filing FAFSAs from 2:00-5:00 in Room 201 of the new UTC Library every Friday in October. In addition, we are available for individual appointments by calling (423) 425-1702.