Omicron Delta Epsilon is now accepting new members. The requirements for joining are:
(1) The student must have an overall GPA of 3.0.
(2) The student must have a 3.0 GPA in economics: and
(3) The student must have completed at least 12 hours in economics.
If you meet the above requirements, you are eligible to join ODE. Please note that you do not have to be an economics major or minor.
If you are interested, please contact Catherine Middleton.
Omicron Delta Epsilon Economics Honor Society
To become a member of Omicron Delta Epsilon, you must apply for membership through the chapter at your school, and you must fulfill the eligibility requirements set out below.
The minimum requirements for admission for undergraduates are:
- completion of 12 semester hours of economics courses; and
- attainment of at least a “B” average in economics courses and an overall “B” average in all classes.
- Students do not have to be economics majors, but must have a genuine interest in economics in addition to meeting the above requirements.
The minimum requirements may be raised by local chapters.
Graduate students in economics are judged solely on their graduate work. They must have:
- completed one semester of full-time work, with
- attainment of a “B” or better average.
There are no admission requirements for faculty members. All are eligible and welcome to join a chapter. Chapters may also elect honorary members. These candidates must be persons of high ethical and professional standards.
No one shall be denied membership because of sex, race, color, creed or national origin.
To apply for membership, contact Catherine Middleton.