Active participation and contribution in the Induction experience are foundational elements of the Learning and Leadership Doctoral Program. The Induction is a unique experience where doctoral faculty and participants come together to engage in rigorous, active learning.
Objectives of Induction:
- Investigate and articulate the relationships between learning and leadership
- Discuss expectations in terms of academic rigor and research
- Explore the program’s seven competency areas and the Comprehensive Assessment
- Examine the program philosophy and the various roles/responsibilities involved in doctoral study
- Engage with cohort peers, doctoral faculty, and program staff
Participation in all virtual activities, attendance at face-to-face sessions, and active participation and contribution during the multi-day Induction experience is required. Should a participant be unable to actively engage in Induction-related activities, s/he must notify the Program Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately and may consider applying to a future cohort.