Thank you for your interest in the Learning and Leadership Doctoral Program. Applications are currently being accepted for the Fall 2016 doctoral cohort. The application deadline has been extended to February 29, 2016. Due to the cohort nature of the program, we do not offer rolling admission. We typically accept applications mid-November through February for each upcoming Fall cohort.
To request to add your name to our list of prospective applicants, please email the Program Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: full name, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, current employer & position title, and most recent degree & college name.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or foreign equivalent
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on all prior graduate work
- Minimum of two years of professional experience, preferably in a leadership role
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test (taken within five years of application)
- Application Instructions (link: Application Instructions)
- Completed Graduate School Application (link: Graduate School Application)
- Non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts (all institutions attended)
- Official GRE General Test scores (taken within five years of application)
- Completed Learning and Leadership Program Application (link: Program Application)
- Statement of Purpose Essay
- Current resume / CV
- Three (3) Learning and Leadership recommendations
- Application Self-Service Center (link: Self-Service Portal)
- Sign in to continue working on a saved application or to check submission status of application materials
International students, please visit the International Student Services website for details regarding the application process and eligibility requirements.
If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact Graduate School Program Liaison, Mr. Mark Fairchild, at Mark-Fairchild@utc.edu. If you have questions regarding program delivery, please contact the LEAD Program Office at email@example.com. To report technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following the review of complete applications, the Admission Committee will invite a select number of applicants to participate in a video conference interview. Applicants will be notified of admission status in early May. New cohort members will participate in Induction activities in the Virtual Classroom (online) during the May - July time frame in preparation for the required face-to-face activities August 18 - 20, 2016, in Chattanooga, TN. Specific Induction information will be announced by the Program Office upon acceptance.
Mid-November - February: Applications are processed by the UTC Graduate School
February - March: Complete applications are routed to the academic department for review by the Admission Committee
April: Interviews are conducted via video conference and final admission recommendations are made
Early May: Applicants are notified of admission status and specific Induction information is announced to accepted participants
May - July: Induction activities in the Virtual Classroom and pre-readings are assigned
Early August: Enrollment in Fall core coursework (6 graduate credit hours)
August 18 - 20: Required multi-day face-to-face Induction activities in Chattanooga, TN