Thank you for your interest in the Learning and Leadership Doctoral Program. We are not currently accepting applications. Due to the cohort nature of the program, we do not offer rolling admission. We typically accept applications mid-November through February for each upcoming Fall cohort. Applications to the Fall 2016 cohort will be accepted mid-November 2015 through February 2016.
To request to add your name to our list of prospective applicants, please email the Program Office with your contact information (email address, mailing address, and phone numbers).
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or foreign equivalent
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on all prior graduate work
- Minimum of two years of professional experience, preferably in a leadership role
- Completed Graduate School Application & non-refundable application fee
- Learning and Leadership Information Form / Statement of Purpose Essay
- Current resume or CV
- Official transcripts (all institutions attended)
- Three recommendation forms
- Official GRE Scores (taken within five years of application)
Application materials are processed by the UTC Graduate School and forwarded to the academic department for review by the Admission Committee. Following the review of complete applications, the Admission Committee will invite a select number of applicants to participate in a video conference interview. Applicants will be notified of admission status in early May. New cohort members will begin Induction activities in the Virtual Classroom in preparation for the required face-to-face multi-day activities in Chattanooga, TN, during Summer (the semester prior to the start of core coursework). The Induction face-to-face meeting dates will be announced by the Program Office upon acceptance.
Mid-November -- February: Applications are processed by the UTC Graduate School
February/March: Complete applications are routed to the academic department for review by the Admission Committee
April: Interviews are conducted via video conference and final admission recommendations are made
Early May: Applicants are notified of admission status.
May: Induction dates are announced to accepted participants.
May/June: Induction activities begin in the Virtual Classroom and pre-readings are assigned
July: Required multi-day face-to-face Induction activities in Chattanooga, TN, and enrollment in core coursework
August: Core coursework begins (6 graduate credit hours)