Thank you for your interest in the Learning and Leadership Doctoral Program. We are not currently accepting applications. Applications are accepted during a prescribed time frame, typically December through February for the upcoming Fall cohort. The next opportunity to apply will be December 2017 through February 2018 for the Fall 2018 cohort. Due to the cohort nature of the program, we do not offer rolling admission.
To request to add your name to our list of prospective applicants to future cohorts, please complete an online Inquiry Form (link: Inquiry Form).
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or foreign equivalent
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on all prior graduate work
- Minimum of two years of professional experience, preferably in a leadership role
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test (taken within five years of application)
- Completed Graduate School Application
- Non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts (all institutions attended)
- Official GRE General Test scores (taken within five years of application)
- Completed Learning and Leadership Program Application
- Statement of Purpose Essay
- Current resume / CV
- Three (3) Learning and Leadership recommendations
International students, please visit the International Student Services website for details regarding the application process and eligibility requirements.
If you have questions regarding minimum admission requirements, please contact Graduate School Program Liaison, Mr. Mark Fairchild, at Mark-Fairchild@utc.edu. If you have questions regarding program delivery, please contact the LEAD Program Office at email@example.com. To report technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Following the review of complete applications, the Admission Committee will invite a select number of applicants to participate in a video conference interview in April 2017. Applicants will be notified of admission status in May 2017. New cohort members will participate in required Induction activities in the Virtual Classroom (online) during the Summer in preparation for the face-to-face activities August 18 & 19, 2017, in Chattanooga, TN. Specific Induction information will be announced by the Program Office upon acceptance.
December - February: Applications are processed by the UTC Graduate School
February 28: Application deadline (Fall 2017 cohort)
March: Complete applications are routed to the academic department for review by the Admission Committee
April: Interviews are conducted via video conference and final admission recommendations are made
May: Applicants are notified of admission status and specific Induction information is announced to accepted participants
Summer: Required Induction activities in the Virtual Classroom (including discussion forums and assigned readings)
August 18 & 19: Enrollment in Fall core coursework (6 graduate credit hours) & required multi-day face-to-face Induction activities in Chattanooga, TN