The 2014 Faculty and Staff Campaign
Going the "Extra Mile" for Giving and Fitness
April 7 - May 7, 2014
Helpful Campaign Information
- Complete all solicitations and return pledge cards by Wednesday, May 7, 2014 to Mary Ollie Newman (425-5777) in the Office of Development, Dept. 6806.
- The Chattanooga Achievement Society is our new Leadership Annual Giving organization for donors who give $1,200 per year to academics at UTC. Also, Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD) can become a member of the Achievement Society by giving $600 per year to ACADEMICS.
- Payroll Deduction gifts:
- You can renew your gift from last year by just checking that option and signing your card!
- EVERY payroll deduction gift (even renewals) has to be indicated with a signed pledge card.
- We cannot accept any one time (one month) payroll deduction gifts.
- The minimum payroll deduction is $1/month payroll deduction for 5 months.
- For payroll deduction questions, call Melissa Chapman (425-4906).
Prizes and Incentives
- Each donor ($5 or more) receives a UTC Cup and Pedometer
- To encourage every UTC employee to return their pledge card to their Leadership Team member for delivery to the Development Office, we are giving away prizes each Monday afternoon of the campaign.
- To be eligible for the weekly drawings each employee must fill out their pledge form, return it to the Development Office by 5:00 p.m. each Friday.
- The employee does not have to make a pledge or gift to be eligible for the drawing; they only need to send back the pledge form with their name and office phone. The last drawing will be May 9th.
The 2014 Faculty Staff Campaign
Going the “Extra Mile” for Giving AND Fitness
It’s that time of year to give back and support UTC. And this year you can also do something for yourself by going the “Extra Mile”. Monday through Thursday (April 8th-May 7th) you can meet a Health and Human Performance faculty member at the Development Office for a walk. When you contribute at least $5.00 to the campaign you will receive a tumbler, pedometer and a map of four walking routes around campus. Prizes will be given each week to the walker logging the most miles. Log on to the American Heart Association website below and learn how you can register with the AHA and keep track of your mileage. Dr. Steve Underwood from the Department of Health and Human Performance will be the only person who can see the mileage and will name a winner each week.
Please go the “Extra Mile for UTC and yourself. Make your donation and join us in walking for your health.
Log on to the American Heart Association: Start Walking Now
Meet a Health and Human Performance faculty member for a walk, Monday through Thursday of the four week campaign at the Development Office.
Monday-Thursday 12 Noon
Tuesday 5:15 pm
American Heart Association: Start Walking Now
- Everyone Should Be Walking
- Shoe Advisor
- Choosing the Best Walking Shoe for You
- What Type of Shoe Do I Need? (PDF)
- Tips for Walking Faster (PDF)
Your gift is deductible for federal income tax purposes. Make checks payable to UTC. Please return the attached gift form to the Development Office, Dept. 6806. To be eligible for the weekly prize drawing, a signed gift form must be returned to the Development Office.