Behavioral Intervention Team
FOR ALL EMERGENCIES, especially after hours of normal operation and weekends, please contact UTC Public Safety at (423) 425-4357 or 911 (from an on-campus phone).
UTC’s BIT addresses student behaviors that are disruptive and may include mental health and/or safety issues. The team meets once a week and is administered out of the Dean of Students office.
The Behavioral Intervention Team consists of a group of UTC staff and faculty members from across the campus whose mission is to:
- Balance the student’s individual needs and those of the community
- Provide structured positive methods for addressing student behaviors that impact the UTC and/or Chattanooga community and may involve mental health and/or public safety issues
- Manage each case individually
- Initiate appropriate intervention(s) without simply resorting to student conduct processes
- Share information from multiple sources and eliminate "fragmented care"