The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga's ACT Test Preparation Program covers the skills needed for success on the ACT.
The ACT Blitz course offered during the academic year prepares students to reach their test date at peak performance. The course meets once per week allowing students to practice their new skills before the next class. The format of the ACT Prep Course leads to greater opportunities for learning and interaction with our expert instructors.
Students receive in-depth review of exam materials, insight into strategies for succeeding on standardized tests, and a comprehensive study plan. Class sessions use real test questions to show how these skills are tested. The course fee includes all classroom course materials.
The ACT Blitz Includes:
- 16 hours of expert classroom instruction
- Course textbook: The Real ACT Prep Guide
- Real ACT practice questions and tests
- Course workbook
- Easy-to-follow study plan
The ACT Blitz Covers:
- Practice solution techniques for problems containing variables.
- Learn efficient approaches to complicated multi-step problems.
- Discover tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations.
- Identify correct idiomatic speech in sentence correction problems.
- Understand the basic concepts of rhetorical construction.
- Learn which grammar errors are most frequently tested.
- Understand which part of the passage to read for reading comprehension questions.
- Recognize the difference between global and local test items.
- Identify passages written from the journalistic and engaged perspectives.
Science Reasoning Topics
- Identify parameters for test items involving graphs and charts.
- Interpolate or extrapolate answers from data given in tables.
- Recognize the point of an experiment in research summary items.
General Test Taking Topics
- Use the process of elimination.
- Master time management skills.
- Minimize test anxiety.
- Identify common distractors.
About Our Program:
UTC’s Test Prep program is a partner with Educational Testing Consultants, a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, Educational Testing Consultants helps thousands of students prepare for the important pre-college standardized tests at major colleges and universities across the United States. Educational Testing Consultants provides a proven program with a record of success and highly trained, top-quality instructors.
Don't See a Program Near You?
University Test Prep also offers customized ACT Test Prep programs for schools, nonprofit organizations, and community groups. If you don't see a program near you or would like details about our custom programs, please call our professional staff at (423) 425-4344 or email us at ContEduc@utc.edu.