Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is the capacity to be aware of, control, and express one’s emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and with empathy. At its most basic level, emotional intelligence is the ability to work effectively with different types of people. As a leadership tool, emotional intelligence provides a leader with the ability to analyze, interpret, and assess the environment and use that information to inform the decision making process.
Emotional Intelligence is the foundation for a host of critical skills – it impacts almost everything you say and do each day. EQ is so critical to success that it accounts for 58 percent of performance in all types of jobs. It is the single biggest predictor of performance in the workplace and the strongest driver of leadership and personal excellence. Researchers and business experts agree that people with high emotional intelligence are consistently the top performers in their organizations. They are most resilient and flexible when things get tough.
In this seminar, you will:
- Discover how feelings, reactions, and emotions affect professional relationships.
- Learn to work easily with different personalities and communication styles.
- Learn to understand your emotions and how to influence the emotions of others in a positive way.
- Learn how to achieve consensus among your co-workers faster and with fewer opportunities for misunderstanding.
- Team leaders
- Human Resources Professionals
- Performance Coaches
Lori King-Taylor has extensive experience in leadership development and organizational effectiveness and has worked with a wide variety of industries including automotive, financial services, manufacturing, aerospace, technical, and non-profit organizations. Lori specializes in helping companies and their employees develop the skills and strategies needed to improve individual, team, and organizational performance.