Continuing Education at UTC
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Department of Continuing Education strives to achieve excellence through the development and delivery of diverse, quality programs and services that instill in people a desire for lifelong learning and the capacity to fulfill. Continuing Education supports the University's mission by offering a variety of services that are designed to serve the Chattanooga Metropolitan community by providing high-quality lifelong learning.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Department of Continuing Education is an integral part of the overall university, an engaged, metropolitan university committed to excellence in teaching, research, and service. We are dedicated to meeting the diverse needs of the region through strategic partnerships and community involvement through a commitment to lifelong learning.
Our Core Values
In fulfilling our mission, we are committed to our core values:
Preparing for the Future
- Providing opportunities for children and youth to be introduced to the university campus and culture
- Providing personal and professional development beyond traditional classroom education
Education and Engagement
- Excellence in teaching within a student-focused, supportive, and challenging environment
- Promoting learning as a lifelong process
- Effective partnerships that provide meaningful involvement in educational, economic, and community development
Positive Institutional Environment
- A collegial, mutually respectful, and professionally rewarding environment
- Broad diversity of people and ideas to strengthen our institution and community
- Reasonable and affordable access to quality lifelong learning