Comm. 4850 Internship Program
All communication majors are required to complete an internship (Comm. 4850) or a directed project (4800) before graduation. The majority of students choose to complete the internship, because it provides valuable work experience prior to graduation.
Interns must apply the semester before they plan to enroll in Comm. 4850, Individual Internship.
- For spring internships the deadline is around Halloween (In 2013, the deadline is October 31).
- For fall or summer internships the deadline to apply is around Valentine’s Day (In 2014, the deadline is February 14).
To apply, students must have:
- completed COMM 2300, 2310, and 3200
- completed or be enrolled in COMM 4200 or 4510
- completed or be enrolled in at least two upper level communication skills courses (skills courses include COMM 3330, 3350, 3370, 3400, 3450, 3500, 3610, 3630, 3660, some 4000 courses, 4100, 4350, 4450, 4550 and 4700)
a minimum overall 2.0 GPA and a 2.0 GPA in communication
Learn more about the internship program: