Undergraduate Degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, and Technology
The College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga strives to serve the people, businesses, and industries of our region and support their technical needs. The College exists as the region’s principal resource for educational, applied research, and service programs.
Grounded in the application of scientific and mathematical principles and based on a commitment to interdisciplinary study, our programs and activities:
- Prepare undergraduate students for rewarding professional careers or graduate study and for a lifetime of creative thinking and adaptive learning as productive citizens;
- Prepare post-baccalaureate and graduate students for continuing professional development and career advancement;
- Promote excellence in teaching and learning through scholarship in our disciplines;
- Perform and disseminate applied research that solves problems of transforming information, matter, and energy into structures, machines, products, technologies, systems, organizations, and processes; and
- Serve the University and our professional communities with leadership and distinction.
The College of Engineering and Computer Science supports programs in engineering, computer science, and engineering technology management that lead to degrees in:
- Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
- Engineering Technology Management (BS)
- Computer Science and Engineering (BS)
The undergraduate engineering majors are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET Inc.1, the accrediting agency for engineering programs. The undergraduate Computer Science program concentrations in Software Systems and Scientific Applications are accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET Inc.1, the accrediting agency for computing programs. One concentration in Computer Science - UTeach - is not yet accredited by ABET Inc. The undergraduate Engineering Technology Management program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET Inc.1, the accrediting agency for technology programs. Further explanations of these accreditations are provided in the specific program descriptions.
1 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, Telephone: (410) 347-7700.