Recent Job Postings for Students and Recent Graduates
UTChatSat - Student Research Assistant
Undergraduate and graduate research positions available in:
- High-speed photonic integrated circuits
- Embedded space electronics
- Small satellite design and optimization
- Autonomous vehicles
Interested students should send his/her resume and a brief statement of interest to Dr. Daniel Loveless at Daniel-Loveless@utc.edu.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2017.
Olin Corporation - Learning & Development Co-op role
Olin Corporation has an opening for a paid Learning & Development Co-op role in the Learning & Development Shared Services group. This position will be located at the Freeport, TX or Charleston, TN plant. The Co-op position will work with Learning & Development staff in the daily administration of Olin’s LMS platform (SABA), assist in completion of routine Learning & Development tasks, aid in updating content, assist as needed in applications of evaluation methodology, and provide general support for full-cycle learning to meet stakeholder needs. The candidate must be 18 years of age, attending college for the purpose of pursuing an Instructional Design or related degree, and currently enrolled in the school's Cooperative Education Program.
Online applications only –
Or www.olin.jobs and searching for the position.
GA Tech 2017 Summer Undergraduate Research Program in Nanotechnology
Applications are open for the Southeast Undergraduate Internship in Nanotechnology. The ten week program will take place May 30th to August 8th, 2017. The program is located a the Institute for Electronics and Nanotechnology at Georgia Institiue of Technology. This program is sponsored by the Southeastern Nanotechnology Infrastructure Corridor (SENIC) a partner site of the National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure.
For more information and to apply go to http://ien.gatech.edu/reu-application. Deadline to apply is February 15, 2017.
HCA IT Pathways Internship 2017
Join the HCA team as a high potential IT talent and learn how technology and healthcare work hand-in-hand. Get hands-on experiences with projects improving the experience of patients around the country, plus get exposure to senior leaders within HCA.
Learn more about information technology internships.
The application will close on December 10.
Mobile App Developer
Student wanted to develop an unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) mobile application. Resulting application should show federal, state, and local UAV operating regulations. The number of hours to be employed is 60. Interested students should send his/her resume to Zach Ruble at Zachary-Ruble@utc.edu.
Application Deadine: Friday, December 16th
Project Inspire - Teacher Residency
See the Flyer for Full Details.
Final Application Deadline: February 27, 2017.
ADM Southern Cellulose Products - Part-time Co-op or Internship Opportunity
Attention Mechanical Engineering Students,
The ADM Southern Cellulose facility in Chattanooga is seeking a Mechanical Engineering student for a co-op or internship position in Maintenance and Reliability. The candidate will report to the Maintenance Superintendent and responsibilities will include:
- Expansion and improvement of an existing predictive maintenance program
- Expansion and improvement of an existing preventative maintenance program
- Equipment and asset management, including storeroom management
- Extensive use of vibration, thermography and ultrasound to monitor equipment condition, analysis and interpretation of results, diagnosis of equipment faults and recommendations on required maintenance.
- Maintenance Engineering related projects and improvements
The pay rate for this position will be $15 per hour with raises based on performance. Details of the position: part-time, working around/depending on your class schedule, 20+ hours per week.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com by Monday, December 5, 2016.
Miller Industries Towing Equipment Inc. - Spring 2017 Internships
- Development and implementation of process control techniques and procedures
- Analysis of Manufacturing Processes (Process sheets, Tools, Facility Requirements, etc.)
- Documentation of Manufacturing Processes
- Time Studies depicting Manufacturing Processes
- Identify and Quantify aspects of these Processes
- Quality Control and Corrective actions
- Bill of Materials Re-Structuring
- Routings and Time associated to Piece Parts, Weldments, and/or Assemblies
- Line Balancing
- Conduct Time Studies
- Gather data and analyze pertinent data
- Confer with design engineering and purchasing in determining product specifications
- Communicate through technical writing
- Research policies & regulations
- Quantify process procedures
- Conduct Root-Cause Analysis
- Determine Quality of Product by Quality of Design, Quality of Process and Quality of Conformance
- Technical Writing
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project)
- Work Measurements and Design
- Operations Management (Plus)
- Knowledge of Quality Tools (plus)
- Facilities Planning
- 3-D Modeling
- Project Management
- Paid Internship
- 25-40 hrs. /wk. based on availability of student
- Hands-On Experience /On the Job Training11/21/2016
If interested in applying please email your resume ASAP to Gloria Portillo, Manufacturing Service Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vention Medical - Document Control Coordinator / Training Specialist
The Document Control Coordinator / Training Specialist’s primary responsibilities are to manage the company documents ensuring accuracy, quality and integrity, while training personnel to new or revised documents.
- Become the direct site lead and support VQMS in relation to corporate standard operating procedures and overall maintenance of the Chattanooga documentation management system. Maintain the VQMS Master Control quality system.
- Ensure adherence to record retention policies, safeguard information and retrieve data effectively.
- Maintain customer Quality Agreement files.
- Generate (PCD) Process Control Documents for engineering change orders.
- Maintain all QMS files, assisting in file migrations.
- Ensure all Job descriptions and training records are up to date. Assist Human Resources with new hire orientation and annual training.
- Work with Human Resources to help define training requirements for each position within Vention Chattanooga.
- Coordinate use of VQMS training module to assure that the training requirements for document changes are clearly defined and executed.
- Prepare training materials, conduct training presentations, and communicate effectively with existing workforce.
- Follow all procedures as set forth by applicable ISO standards.
- Maintain (SOP”S), Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, forms, internal and external documents, and log books.
- Control customer drawings, specifications, and revision management.
- Archive old documents and records, maintain obsolete files.
- Process requests for information, such as reports, certifications, and authorized documents.
- Assist in corporate quality audits and internal quality monitoring programs.
- Support Project management, by helping develop documents, obtain approvals and related project requirements.
- Assist in preparations for meeting material as needed for corporate meetings.
- Track the site quality action Items and time lines for efficient execution.
- Assist executing corrective actions, preventive actions, feasibility analysis, Nonconformance issues, and customer complaint handling.
- Be able to read, write and speak fluent English, additional languages a plus.
- ASQ Membership and Certificates a plus.
- Attention to detail and good interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to multitask, schedule and prioritize and time manage work effectively.
- Must have good customer service relations skills.
- Be detail oriented, maintain clean work environment and safe work ethics, and be trustworthy and dependable.
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Position may require periodic travel to vendors or customers.
- Educational: A.S. Degree is required or a two year technical degree at a minimum. Five years of equivalent work experience in medical manufacturing or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment may be substituted.
- Technical: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel, Power Point).
- Physical: Be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Environment: Industrial and office environment
- Training: Training will be given internally and on occasion externally at another site.
- Performance: Matrix items as defined by management annually, including quality, delivery and cost.
Position reports to: Quality Manager
Position(s) that report to this position: TBD
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
WeCounsel - 2-3 interns to test company software
WeCounsel is offering a paid internship opportunity for someone interested in IT and software user experience. This opportunity would allow you to work closely with our Product Manager and QA Lead in testing the functionality of existing and new features within the WeCounsel software. Learn the development lifecycle and how to work in an Agile team environment, while contributing to the development of a leading telemedicine software.
Please contact Blythe at WeCounseling email@example.com.
Komatsu America Corp. - Procurement Specialist
Komatsu America Corp. Chattanooga Manufacturing Operation is delighted to announce our newest career opportunity with our Procurement Department as a Procurement Specialist. The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor’s of Science in Business or Engineering or a related field and 3 years purchasing or planning experience - OR 2 years of college and 7 years purchasing or planning experience - OR 11 years purchasing or planning experience, as well as experience developing and implementing cost reduction goals and strategies along with a keen eye for detail. All interested parties must apply via the Komatsu website atwww.komatsuamerica.com. A full list of the company’s available positions, including the Procurement Specialist position, can be found in the career section of the Komatsu website. First time site users must create a candidate profile prior to applying for any opportunities. Those who successfully apply for the position will receive a confirmation message. Komatsu America Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Packaging Corporation of America, Counce, TN - recent graduates
Pulp/paper mill in West Tennessee. Engineering department is looking for a recent graduate with BSEE degree, and interested in Power. Two turbine generators onsite, and a vast selection of three-phase motors (sync and induction), and voltage levels from 13.8kV, 2300V, and 480V. The candidate would be working hands on, every day, with relays, motors, breaker coordination, and more specifically, project installation. An excellent opportunity for anyone willing to work in the “real world” of production/manufacturing. Pay scale I believe is in the 60-75k range plus bonuses - promotions happen quickly for a well abled engineer.
Interested EE graduates may send their resumes to
Justin D. Wood, P.E., Senior Electrical Engineer
PCA – Counce, TN
(731) 689-1239 (Office)
(731) 925-0637 (Cell)
(731) 689-5199 (Fax)
TVA Transmission Group - EE intern (junior or sophomore majoring in Power Systems)
Interested students may send their resumes to
Darrin Church, P.E.
Manager, Interconnection Planning, Special Studies, and Facility Ratings
TVA Transmission / Transmission Engineering / Planning
The Office of Science / US Department of Energy - internship opportunities for undergraduate STEM students
The Office of Science / US Department of Energy is pleased to announce paid research
internship opportunities for undergraduate students majoring in areas of Science,
Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) for the . The application system for
the Term Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) program is currently
open, with all applications due by 05:00 PM Eastern Time on January 13, 2017.
The Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) program places students from 2 and 4 year undergraduate institutions as paid interns in science and engineering research activities at DOE national laboratories and facilities, working with laboratory staff scientists and engineers on projects related to ongoing research programs. Appointments are for 10 weeks during the Summer term, are open to US Citizens and US Lawful Permanent Residents, include a weekly stipend, reimbursement for one round trip domestic travel to the participant’s host DOE laboratory, and possibilities for a housing allowance. More than 850 internships are sponsored annually.
Application is made online. Full program information and descriptions, including links to the online application system, are available at: http://science.energy.gov/wdts/suli/
Volkswagen of America, Inc - Project Management Specialist
This is an opportunity to join the Project Management Office supporting the CEO in a specialized role as a Project Management Specialist at the Volkswagen manufacturing plant in Chattanooga. We are looking for someone with extensive demonstrated project management experience, and would prefer automotive experience and German language skills.
The Project Management Specailist position will work on crsoss-functional projects with the scope if integrating the production of new car models, GP's and Model Care within the Volkswagen Chattanooga Plant.
1. Leading the project team and by this being responsible for achieving the agreed deliverables within the project.
- Initiate the project (developing scope, deliverables, project organization and roadmap)
- Monitor and control project performance (cost, quality, time)
- Coordinate and run cross functional meetings
- Implement and operate a project reporting system (project schedule, meeting minutes, project report)
- Track measures and problem solving activities
- Prioritize, communicate and escalate problems
- Report project status to the upper management
- Coordinate and schedule Pilot Hall (internal and external)
- Represent Production in Product Teams
- Drive and synchronize activities with VW-Headquarter in Wolfsburg, Germany.
- Coordinate the forecast and approval of Launch Costs and support the technical approval of requests
- Conduct rough evaluations and feasibility studies
2. Develop, implement and continuously improve project management methodology.
3. Execute Special Tasks for CEO Office.
• 5-7 years of experience in a project management related profession
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a Business related field of study
• Proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Employee should be flexible for short business travels, including international travel
• US Citizenship
• Automotive project management experience
• Advanced degree preferred
• German language skills
• Experience in Time Scheduling systems (e.g. RPlan)
• Experience in automotive areas (OEMs, automotive suppliers)
WWTA - Hamilton County, Tennessee - Intern
Under close supervision, assists in planning, coordinating, conducting wastewater activities, performs data entry of technical data from Management, Operational, and Maintenance (MOM) program, and assisting in maintaining the daily routine functions of the WWTA.
Collects data and enters into computer databases; edits and updates WWTA system maps; assists with various technical calculations relating to WWTA programs review; provides support and assistance to senior technicians and WWTA support staff. Provides assistance to WWTA technicians in evaluating, mapping, and project review of WWTA environmental program to elimination illicit discharges; provide support for the daily routine of the WWTA office, computer systems, billing system, and SRF funded programs; maintains supplies and files, field notes and photographs and other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge of maps and other related documents.
- Knowledge of basic computer equipment and programs.
- Knowledge of basic environmental wastewater or water concepts.
- Knowledge of maps and other related documents.
- Knowledge of basic computer equipment and programs.
- Knowledge of utilizing customer service/public relations’ techniques when responding to inquiries and complaints.
- Skill in utilizing verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in communicating effectively orally and in writing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with the public, department staff, and other County departments.
- Skill establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in using copying machines and other office equipment.
- Skill (basic) in using GPS equipment.
- Skill in reading and interpreting maps, engineering drawings.
- Skill in reading Hamilton County WWTA Regulations, Policies and Procedures.
Work requires concentration and attention to details, filing and pulling records and files, and working with computer keyboards for extended periods of time. Work requires extensive computer keyboarding, occasional lifting, bending, kneeling, and lifting supplies weighing up to 35 pounds.
The equivalent of a High School Diploma plus at least one year in Business Systems
Technology or Office Administration or Management or at least one year in engineering,
biology, environmental science, or related field to include one course in GIS.
Draper - Internships (EE, ME)
For More information and to apply see Draper - Engineering Possibilities.
McKee Foods - Desktop Support Intern - Application Deadline Extended to 11/6/2016
This is a great opportunity to learn from an experienced team of I/S professionals. The Desktop Support Intern will be an active part of the team that answers and resolves Help Desk calls so it’s a great chance to practice your excellent verbal communication skills. You will learn to provide support in the daily management and support of PCs, peripherals, and PC applications while you help automate the support and maintenance of PC infrastructure. We’ll be excited to teach you the ins and outs of supporting, installing and maintaining applications and desktop operating systems and while you gain plenty of experience helping customers resolve technical application problems. Make McKee Foods a stable part of your education plan and you will develop the technical, business and customer-service skills needed to become a Desktop Support professional!
Make McKee Foods a part of your education plan and develop the technical, business and customer-service skills needed to become a well-rounded software development professional.
Please apply online at mckeefoods.com: https://mckee.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/mckee
Brooke Owens Fellowship Program - Internship
The Brooke Owens Fellowship Program offers paid internships at leading aviation and space companies and organizations for passionate, exceptional women seeking their undergraduate degree. ...Brooke Owens Fellows are women currently seeking the equivalent of an undergraduate degree - through a college, university, or community college – in any field who intend to pursue a full-time career in the aviation or aerospace industry.
Women of all ages, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Applicants can come from a wide range of academic or professional disciplines: engineering, science, aeronautics and pilot training, law and policy, business, non-profit management, history, art, or anything else. However, successful applicants must be able to draw a convincing connection between their chosen field(s) and aviation or space exploration.
Note that due to export control regulations, internships at many host institutions may be restricted to US citizens or US permanent residents (green card holders)."
Application deadline: December 5, 2016
Volkswagen Group of America Inc. - Intern, Technical Project Management (January until May 2017)
Job Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Working for the new mid-size (Passat successor)/ B-SUV project
- Creating decision documents for board presentations
- Coordinating development tasks, e.g. expediting and change control
- Supporting in current key subjects/ daily tasks, e.g. technical requirements, agenda and minute
- Creating and managing a technical project on her/ his own
- Working closely together with other departments
- Study in the field of mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, electrical engineering or other comparable study
- Focus: construction, project management and product development
- Advance EDP-skills
- Working independently
- Very good English knowledge
- Intercultural interest and communication skills
Interested students should send their CV to Torsten Beetz (Torsten.Beetz@vw.com, in cc).
Chemours - Internships/co-ops
The Chemours Company (previously DuPont) at New Johnsonville, TN is currently recruiting interns & co-ops for positions within our Manufacturing Technology organization for the Spring 2017 semester. There are 3 positions available:
- Chemical Engineering Intern
- Mechanical Engineering Intern
- Electrical Engineering Intern
Our intern & co-op assignments allow students to gain valuable experience. You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop an understanding of the manufacturing technology environment
- Work with experienced manufacturing technology professionals
- Expand your knowledge of our businesses and our product offerings
The duration of the co-op assignment is approximately 3 - 6 months.
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university
- Enrolled in an ABET accredited program in your respective Engineering field.
- Willing and able to complete the entire 3-6 month assignment
- Flexible with work assignment location/relocation
- Have the right to work in the U.S. without restriction
A GPA of a 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale is preferred. Please attach a resume and an unofficial transcript with your submission.
Please review the attached job descriptions and qualifications for each. If you are interested, please apply by October 21 by sending your resume directly to Archana.Kar@chemours.com
Nuclear Regulatory Commission - Temporary Summer Student
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) views summer students as our future workforce. The work performed is professional in nature and in a learning environment that gives the student intern the opportunity to evaluate the work for potential long-term employment. Student employment assignments are based on the functions and tasks performed in the organization to which you are assigned and ideally related to your academic and career goals. Areas of assignment could include engineering and science, budget execution, security, information technology, among others, for more information visit http://www.nrc.gov/about-nrc/employment/students.html.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers - Mechanical Engineer (Recent Graduate)
The recruitment process has begun to fill Mechanical Engineering (Recent Graduate) positions in Nashville. Graduation date for candidates must be before December 31, 2016. Please visit the following website for additional information and instructions on how to apply for this position: www.usajobs.gov
The announcement period was opened on 9/16/2016 and will close on 11/1/2016. But, if you want to be in the first round of candidates considered you should apply before 9/30/2016. The sooner you apply the more likely you will get the job. If you are interested in applying, please ensure your application documents are submitted not later than midnight EST of the closing date.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (Recent Graduate)
Agency: Nashville District of the Corps of Engineers Job Announcement Number: SWGJ160000001789354PRS SALARY RANGE: $40,033.00 to $77,019.00 / Per Year OPENING DATE: 9/16/2016 SERIES & GRADE: GS-0830-05/07/09 POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time - Recent Graduates PROMOTION POTENTIAL: GS-11 DUTY LOCATION: Nashville, TN WHO MAY APPLY: Student/Internship Program Eligible
To view the full vacancy announcement click on the link below:
Covenant Transportation Group - Internship
Covenant Transportation Group is looking for a student intern majoring in engineering. This would be a great opportunity to get some fantastic business experience.
For more information contact:
Walker Probasco · Covenant Transportation Group · Continuous Improvement Leader · 423.463.3274 · Walker.Probasco@ctgcompanies.com
Gibbons and Company - Project Engineer
Location: Middle / East Tennessee and North Alabama
Job Summary: We are currently seeking a project engineer for our Middle / East Tennessee and North
Alabama Division. The project engineer will support the project management teams on bridge and
roadway projects. This position involves a variety of activities such as field work including layout, as well
as office duties with the opportunity for advancement.
‐ Maintain electronic data files for the project.
‐ Operate survey equipment including GPS.
‐ Coordinate with project management teams and subcontractors.
‐ Provide project layout.
‐ Assist with job quantity tracking & scheduling.
‐ Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering preferred, although not required.
‐ Prior experience with survey / layout work.
‐ Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Primavera etc. is preferable.
For more information and to apply contact Jerrod Gibbons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volkswagen North America Engineering and Planning Center (Chattanooga, TN) - Internship
This opportunity is for engineering students to work at the Volkswagen North America Engineering and Planning Center (Chattanooga, TN). The position is in the Exterior Development group and the listed duration is from September 2016 to March 2017. The Exterior Development group plans to hire a student on a part time basis now until the first of the year 2017, and then increase to full time. Below is a link to the website with more information about the position and how to apply.
NOTE: After you access the link shown below select the tab titled “Advanced Search” and input this Job Number: VOL000128
You will then see this job title: Engineering Intern - Exterior - VOL000128
Click it to see the full description and link at the bottom to apply online
WayPaver Foundation - Research Associate (part time)
Your main role will be helping to research and develop the Lunar Settlement Index (view here). You will be working closely alongside WayPaver’s CTO on this unique project to learn about the specific roadblocks preventing humans from living on the Moon and how to solve them. This research will guide WayPaver’s granting programs, illuminate an ideal path towards Lunar Settlement for the space community, and encourage non-space companies to join the conversation.
See the full description and apply at http://
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
The following position is open from 09/06/2016 through 10/06/2016.
- Patent Examiner (Chemical Engineer):
The following positions have a close date of 10/06/2016.
- Patent Examiner (Computer Engineer):
- Patent Examiner (Mechanical Engineer):
- Patent Examiner (Electrical Engineer):
CECS Student Research Assistant
The Unmanned Systems Laboratory in the College of Engineering and Computer Science at UTC is searching for both undergraduate and graduate students to perform research. The students selected are expected to work with faculty and other students on a number of robotics projects. In particular, we are looking for students who will contribute toward our research efforts in developing (1) cooperative control and coordination technologies for multiple robotic systems and (2) cooperative sensing capabilities of mobile sensors. A background in computer programming or flying drones (quadrotor and fixed wing) is desired. The positions are available immediately. For more information about the available positions, please contact Dr. Zach Ruble at Zachary-Ruble@utc.edu.
CECS Community Service Internship
The CECS Community Service Internship is a competitive, paid internship that pairs CECS undergraduate or graduate students with nonprofit organizations and government agencies to address community-identified projects in the Chattanooga region.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, September 16, 2016
For more information and to apply visit utc.edu/college-engineering-computer-science/students/community-service-internship.php.