Recent Job Postings for Students and Recent Graduates
Covenant Transportation Group - Internship
Covenant Transportation Group is looking for a student intern majoring in engineering. This would be a great opportunity to get some fantastic business experience.
For more information contact:
Walker Probasco · Covenant Transportation Group · Continuous Improvement Leader · 423.463.3274 · Walker.Probasco@ctgcompanies.com
Gibbons and Company - Project Engineer
Location: Middle / East Tennessee and North Alabama
Job Summary: We are currently seeking a project engineer for our Middle / East Tennessee and North
Alabama Division. The project engineer will support the project management teams on bridge and
roadway projects. This position involves a variety of activities such as field work including layout, as well
as office duties with the opportunity for advancement.
‐ Maintain electronic data files for the project.
‐ Operate survey equipment including GPS.
‐ Coordinate with project management teams and subcontractors.
‐ Provide project layout.
‐ Assist with job quantity tracking & scheduling.
‐ Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering preferred, although not required.
‐ Prior experience with survey / layout work.
‐ Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Primavera etc. is preferable.
For more information and to apply contact Jerrod Gibbons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volkswagen North America Engineering and Planning Center (Chattanooga, TN) - Internship
This opportunity is for engineering students to work at the Volkswagen North America Engineering and Planning Center (Chattanooga, TN). The position is in the Exterior Development group and the listed duration is from September 2016 to March 2017. The Exterior Development group plans to hire a student on a part time basis now until the first of the year 2017, and then increase to full time. Below is a link to the website with more information about the position and how to apply.
NOTE: After you access the link shown below select the tab titled “Advanced Search” and input this Job Number: VOL000128
You will then see this job title: Engineering Intern - Exterior - VOL000128
Click it to see the full description and link at the bottom to apply online
Roper Corporation (GE) - Full Time Technical Intern/ Co-Op
ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4TH!
Roper Corporation (a wholly owned subsidiary of General Electric Consumer and Industrial) is a consumer focused, highly energized, and flexible family producing the most innovative, highest quality, cost competitive residential cooking appliances in the world. The co-op/intern program is designed to give energetic and talented students who demonstrate strong technical/analytical and leadership skills an opportunity to gain real world experience in their chosen fields of study. Assignments will typically be either in the product design or manufacturing environment. Co-Ops/Interns will work in a team environment to complete projects designated by their Team Leader/Mentor. Co-Ops/Interns will be responsible for lean projects that have real impact on the business. Projects may include, but are not limited to, the following fields: product design, lean manufacturing, heat transfer, gas combustion, electronic control specification, packaging, electro-mechanical devices, evaluation, reliability, assembly production, fabrication and finishing, production equipment and fixture specification, and quality assurance.
- Location: Lafayette, GA
- Salary Level: $14.50 to $ 23.70
- Duration: JAN 9, 2017 to MAY 12, 2017
- Approximate Hours Per Week: 40
- Majors/Concentrations: Engineering
- Graduation Date: Aug 2016 - May 2018
- Degree Level(s): Bachelor of Science (or in progress)
- Minimum GPA: 2.9
- Work Authorization: US Citizen, Permanent Resident
Sign up today for an ON CAMPUS interview on October 4th!
Apply online at Moc Links for Students & Alumni
For additional information contact WILLIE.WARREN@GE.COM
WayPaver Foundation - Research Associate (part time)
Your main role will be helping to research and develop the Lunar Settlement Index (view here). You will be working closely alongside WayPaver’s CTO on this unique project to learn about the specific roadblocks preventing humans from living on the Moon and how to solve them. This research will guide WayPaver’s granting programs, illuminate an ideal path towards Lunar Settlement for the space community, and encourage non-space companies to join the conversation.
See the full description and apply at http://
McKee Foods - Desktop Support Intern
This is a great opportunity to learn from an experienced team of I/S professionals. The Desktop Support Intern will be an active part of the team that answers and resolves Help Desk calls so it’s a great chance to practice your excellent verbal communication skills. You will learn to provide support in the daily management and support of PCs, peripherals, and PC applications while you help automate the support and maintenance of PC infrastructure. We’ll be excited to teach you the ins and outs of supporting, installing and maintaining applications and desktop operating systems and while you gain plenty of experience helping customers resolve technical application problems. Make McKee Foods a stable part of your education plan and you will develop the technical, business and customer-service skills needed to become a Desktop Support professional!
Make McKee Foods a part of your education plan and develop the technical, business and customer-service skills needed to become a well-rounded software development professional.
Please apply online at mckeefoods.com: https://mckee.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/mckee
McKee Foods - Software Development Intern
You’ll learn from a great team of I/S professionals to create software that solves problems that matter! As an Intern in the I/S Manufacturing Systems Support Group, you will be an active part of the team that creates software to assist in the manufacturing process. You will be a part of the entire spectrum of the development process from requirements gathering, planning, coding, testing, deployment and ongoing support. Together you’ll help us design or enhance services, mobile applications, internal websites and other Windows-based software as we work with users to come up with creative solutions that solve real problems faced in a world-class manufacturing environment.
Make McKee Foods a part of your education plan and develop the technical, business and customer-service skills needed to become a well-rounded software development professional.
If interested and qualified, please visit our website at www.mckeefoods.com and under the Careers section to complete an online application. All applications must be submitted by September 20, 2016. Depending on candidate response, this posting may close earlier or be extended without prior notice.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
The following position is open from 09/06/2016 through 10/06/2016.
- Patent Examiner (Chemical Engineer):
The following positions have a close date of 10/06/2016.
- Patent Examiner (Computer Engineer):
- Patent Examiner (Mechanical Engineer):
- Patent Examiner (Electrical Engineer):
ADM Southern Cellulose Products - Part-time-Internship
ADM Southern Cellulose Products is a manufacturer of cotton linter pulp operating in Chattanooga. Their process lab employs test methods that are unique to the industry. They are seeking to hire an engineering student for a part-time internship opportunity. This job opportunity would involve training to become proficient in the process lab test methods as well as participating in research and development for new products or markets.
The pay rate for this position will be $15 per hour. The position is part time: the hours are variable and can be tailored around the student’s class schedule. The student can work up to 40 hours a week if their schedule permits. Because of the training required, it would be preferable that the student remain in the position as long as possible, optimally working on through the summer.
To apply, please email your resume to Jeff.Buchwald@adm.com by Wednesday, Sept 14.
CECS Student Research Assistant
The Unmanned Systems Laboratory in the College of Engineering and Computer Science at UTC is searching for both undergraduate and graduate students to perform research. The students selected are expected to work with faculty and other students on a number of robotics projects. In particular, we are looking for students who will contribute toward our research efforts in developing (1) cooperative control and coordination technologies for multiple robotic systems and (2) cooperative sensing capabilities of mobile sensors. A background in computer programming or flying drones (quadrotor and fixed wing) is desired. The positions are available immediately. For more information about the available positions, please contact Dr. Zach Ruble at Zachary-Ruble@utc.edu.
CECS Student Ambassadors
The College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) Student Ambassadors provide service to the College, the University and the extended Chattanooga community by representing CECS as goodwill ambassadors. Through their assistance to the College in welcoming potential students, CECS alumni, friends, community partners, and visitors, the Ambassadors provide information and support events and activities sponsored by the College by working with the Dean’s Office and the Director of Student Success.
Deadline to Apply: Thursday, September 22, 2016
For more information and to apply visit utc.edu/college-engineering-computer-science/students/cecs-student-ambassador.php.
CECS Community Service Internship
The CECS Community Service Internship is a competitive, paid internship that pairs CECS undergraduate or graduate students with nonprofit organizations and government agencies to address community-identified projects in the Chattanooga region.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, September 16, 2016
For more information and to apply visit utc.edu/college-engineering-computer-science/students/community-service-internship.php.
SKUPOS - Entry Level Software Engineer
SKUPOS Inc is seeking a full-time engineer for a thriving development team in Chattanooga
TN. We are a tight knit
group with a team first mentality. We strive to achieve our product development efforts through our team culture, clean code and hard work!
We are looking for a passionate developer that takes pride in their code and work relationships. A developer that wants to improve on their talents and contribute to the growth of the development team. A developer that supports the company’s vision and mission by delivering firstclass products together.
- Build: design, code, test, maintain and support features for our...
- Ruby on Rails application with MySQL
- Frontend EmberJS single page application
- Electron (Node.js) application
- Coordinate with team on...
- Project preparations assist in developing project plans and proposals
- Detailed specifications
- Pair programming
- Code reviews
- Project progress
- Ensure timely completion within allotted timelines
- Actively create transparency
- R&R: Research and Recommend new technologies that will...
- Enhance team performance
- Improve project delivery times
- Decrease development stack overhead
Required Skills / Experience:
- 4-year computer science degree or equivalent experience
- ~1 years of professional work experience with Ruby or similar
- Experience with
- Test-driven development (RSpec, FactoryGirl, Capybara)
- Unit testing
- SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- MVC Frameworks (Rails, Django, Sinatra)
- OOP, design patterns, data structures
- Building REST APIs
- Web technologies (HTML, CSS, jQuery, AJAX)
- Understanding of
- JS frameworks such as Ember, Angular, Bootstrap or Node
- Scaling web applications
- Build and deployment automation
- Strong linux command line skills (Ubuntu, FreeBSD, Mac OS X) preferred
Awesome Skills but not Necessary:
- Startup experience
- Opensource experience
- Experience working on enterprise Java applications (Java, JSP, Spring MVC, Servlets, Apache Tomcat)
- Knowledge Experience deploying code with Github and Heroku
- Other languages a plus: Java, Python, Perl, PHP, C++
- Cloud and distributed services (AWS, Elasticsearch, Cloudflare)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Major role in a strong, small and growing development team
- Be a part of a key platform of product offerings to the retail convenience store industry
UTC Athletics Basketball Program - Graphics Internship
Job Description: Make graphics used for recruiting. Familiarity with photoshop or similar graphic design software a plus. Work from home and gain valuable real-world experience with marketing our Mocs.
For more info and/or to apply contact: Wesley Pittman at Matthew-Pittman@utc.edu
U.S. Air Force - Bioenvironmental Engineer
Job Description: You’ll manage programs in areas such as industrial hygiene, radiation protection, environmental engineering, disaster preparedness, medical facilities, biomedical engineering, medical readiness, biomedical and environmental engineering research and Air Force wide consultation service. You’ll supervise bioenvironmental engineering technicians and work with physicians, public health officers, base civil engineers, safety officers and disaster preparedness officers. During disaster or combat conditions, you’ll evaluate environmental hazards and make recommendations to commanders regarding personnel protection, health engineering, temporary shelters, decontamination and air base recovery operations. You’ll also act as a liaison with local, state and federal health and pollution control agencies. Certain shred out will help plan and develop new hospital facilities.
Education Requirements: Any engineering degree from an ABET accredited college or university. Minimum age cutoff is 42 and deadline to apply is 1 December 16.
Why the Air Force Health Professions Team?
Competitive Pay and Benefits: pay increases with your rank and time in service, tax-free housing, keep seniority even if you move hospitals, 30 days vacation with pay each year.
Educational Opportunities: You'll attend a 19 week course in Air Force bioenvironmental engineering at the U.S. Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine at Brooks City-Base, Texas. Also up to 100% tuition paid for continuing off duty education.
Travel: Do extraordinary things and take advantage of opportunities you never thought possible. We have over 70 bases world-wide for you to explore and enjoy.
To find out more information about this position please contact: SSgt Sarah D. Kelley at 615-889-9670 or email email@example.com
Pro Services - Internship
Pro Services islooking to begin a mechanical project with significant piping, tank farm installation and excavation/concrete work. We are looking for an intern from UTC that speaks German to assist our team in the delivery of this 18-20 week project. An engineering intern is preferable for obvious reasons but a communications major with German comprehension would work also.
Mike Findley, Vice President, Business Development
Mueller Company (Mueller Co.) - Engineering Internship, Computer Science, R&D
Mueller Co, the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water distribution industries and North America's largest and only full-line supplier of potable water distribution products, is currently seeking candidates for its Engineering Internship Program. Potential Internships are available at our Chattanooga Tennessee Research & Development Facility.
Full Description and application Available here: https://muellerwaterproducts-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=983&company_id=17037&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992821&level=levelid1&levelid1=36309&startflag=2
Mueller Company (Mueller Co.) - Two Internships - Cleveland TN
Will be working on:
- Sala Tooling Changeover Improvements:
- Documenting changeover procedure and developing ways to improve.
- Create tooling models and work with tooling vendors to build.
- Measure improvements against original baseline.
- Product Line Manufacturing Improvements:
- Documenting current manufacturing flow and developing ways to improve
- Develop business case for improvement (i.e. proving improvements will work as designed, building cost savings associated with change and a presenting formal ROI documentation)
- Work to implement changes and measure against original baseline.
- Quality Assurance Operational Excellence support the following assignments:
- Documentation of our current processes in the Meter Yoke dept.
- Time Studies & Development of standard work & Process Control Plans
- Expansion and refinement of our current Kanban system at the machine center
Randy R. Carroll | Mueller Co Division HR | HR Supervisor
620 Industrial Drive, Cleveland TN 37311 | RCarroll@muellercompany.com
eSpin Technologies, Inc.- Internship
eSpin Technologies in Chattanooga is in a need of intern who is interested in nanotechnology. The ideal candidate will be senior with Chemistry and or Chemical Engineering background.
Contact Jayesh Doshi at firstname.lastname@example.org
eSpin Technologies | 7151 Discovery Drive Chattanooga, TN 37416 | 423 267 6266 (NANO) | 423 267 6265
Mueller Company (Mueller Co.) - Quality Assurance Engineer
Mueller Company (Mueller Co.), the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas distribution industries, has an opening at our Cleveland, TN plant for a Quality Assurance Engineer to support the Quality department and plant operations.
Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Programming, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
See the full description and apply online at muellerwaterproducts.
Johnson Mental Health Center - Chattanooga
Internship Opportunity - 6 Week Paid Internship where candidate may gain experience working in community outreach, social media, and mental health.
HEALTHY TRANSITIONS LIAISONS: Two Temporary openings at Johnson Mental Health Center in Chattanooga, Healthy Transitions Grant, for Healthy Transitions Liaisons. Positions are 6 weeks long.
These positions are responsible for:
- assisting in targeting the outreach and engagement goals in the Outreach and Engagement Plan.
- assisting in creating and designing social media for Healthy Transitions.
- attending and providing input during Healthy Transitions meetings and community group meetings.
- organize and coordinate with the Outreach and Engagement specialist on required meetings
- adhere to all grant requirements as indicated by CLAS standards. Is responsible for communicating schedule conflicts as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a High School Diploma or GED. Must have interest in utilizing their voice to advocate for youth and young adult mental health issues.
Send Resume with contact information to:
Shauna Webb (email@example.com) or
Audrey Grigg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Plastic Omnium Auto Exteriors, L.L.C. - Fall 2016 Internship
Attention Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors:
Plastic Omnium has announced several Engineering Internships available at their Chattanooga facility for students interested in the Automotive Manufacturing environment. This is a great opportunity for students to apply their classroom knowledge while working hands-on in the Automotive Manufacturing industry. You may apply by either of the following:
- Access the job listing on the UTC Career & Student Employment Center site at this link: http://www.utc.edu/career-student-employment/register/untitled.php and register under Moc Links for Students & Alumni. Use your UTC ID. This will allow you to enter the Moc Links system and to see the details for the Plastic Omnium Internship openings. Once you are given access you can search for Plastic Omnium. Apply by uploading your resume.
- Email your resume directly to Plastic Omnium at email@example.com
If you need help with your resume, see the “Next Day Resume Critique” at the UTC Career and Student Employment website: http://www.utc.edu/career-student-employment/
Details for the positions are also listed below:
Position Type: Internship/Co-op
Desired Class Level(s): Sophomore, Junior, Senior
Work Authorization: US Citizen, Permanent Resident
- Lean manufacturing methodologies
- Material flow and Inventory analysis
- Workplace design
- Utilization studies
- Vendor communication
- Injection, Paint, and Assembly throughput analysis
- Time studies
- Standardized Work
- Packaging improvement
- Visual factory application
- Value Stream Mapping
- Total Quality Management
- Currently enrolled in Engineering (Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical) program towards Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Good organizational skills
- Able to coordinate more than one project at a time
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization
Plastic Omnium is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Location Chattanooga, Tennessee
Desired Major(s): Engineering/Industrial, Engineering/Mechanical/Mechanics (MS)
Mesa Associates - Electrical Engineer - Intern - Chattanooga, TN
Internship for electrical engineering student enrolled in ABET accredited engineering
program. A rising junior or senior in class standing with an emphasis in power systems
is highly preferred. This is part-time position; we are willing to work with a candidate's
class schedule. Our goal is 15 to 20 hours per week.
Use of CAD software to create and revise electrical substation drawings. Work under the supervision of more-experienced designers and engineers. Perform other document control functions when requested by other team members. Some travel may be required for the purpose of conducting soil resistivity studies and/or walking down a jobsite.
1. Use of Cad software to modify drawings.
2. Other engineering/design/field activities as directed by other team members.
Two years or more toward BSEE. CAD experience is a plus.
Prior coop experience with an electrical utility company is also a plus.
The ability and interest to learn substation design is required. Must be detailed oriented and have good organization skills in performance of work.
Mesa Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives preference to internal candidates when possible. Only qualified applicants should apply online at www.mesainc.com. No phone calls please.
Miller Industries Towing Equipment, Inc.
Attention Industrial, Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Management students,
Miller Industries is searching for interns to fill in our Fall positions. This is a paid internship, in which Miller provides on the job training that overlaps with courses that students are taking.
- Development and implementation of process control techniques and procedures
- Analysis of Manufacturing Processes (Process sheets, Tools, Facility Requirements, etc.)
- Documentation of Manufacturing Processes
- Time Studies depicting Manufacturing Processes
- Identify and Quantify aspects of these Processes
- Quality Control and Corrective actions
- Bill of Materials Re-Structuring
- Routings and Time associated to Piece Parts, Weldments, and/or Assemblies
- Line Balancing
- Conduct Time Studies
- Gather data and analyze pertinent data
- Confer with design engineering and purchasing in determining product specifications
- Communicate through technical writing
- Research policies & regulations
- Quantify process procedures
- Conduct Root-Cause Analysis
- Determine Quality of Product by Quality of Design, Quality of Process and Quality of Conformance
- Technical Writing
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project)
- Work Measurements and Design
- Operations Management (Plus)
- Knowledge of Quality Tools (plus)
- Facilities Planning
- 3-D Modeling
- Project Management
- Paid Internship
- 25-40 hrs. /wk. based on availability of student
- Hands-On Experience /On the Job Training
- Will work around school schedule
If interested in applying please email your resume ASAP to Gloria Portillo, Manufacturing Service Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.