Recent Job Postings for Students and Recent Graduates
HUTTON- full-time Development Project Managers
Hutton is looking for full-time Development Project Managers with a civil engineering background.
Berry Construction Company, Inc. - Estimating Assistant
Berry Construction has an opening for an estimating assistant in their estimating department. Postition would begin in Summer. Send resume or contact
Berry Construction Company, Inc.
2525 Broad Street
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37408
Aerotek - Entry-Level Engineer
Aerotek is looking for ME Seniors graduating this semester and ME recent graduates for entry level engineering positions at multiples companies such as Denso, JTEKT, Volkswagen.
Contact: Brittanee R. Thomas, Engineering Recruiter, Contract Engineering Division
The Woodbridge Group - Engineering Internship
The Woodbridge Group® a global manufacturer of foam products and just in time assembly & sequencing for diversified products offers innovative urethane and bead foam technologies, to serve the automotive industry and several other business sectors around the globe. Since its inception in 1978, the company has grown to more than 60 facilities throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The key competitive strength for the Woodbridge Group® continues to revolve around its people and their commitment to improve everything they do. With over 8,000 employees worldwide, The Woodbridge Group® is focused on evolving workplace safety, sustainable environmental stewardship and enduring customer satisfaction, in each of the markets they serve.
This part time internship will provide an opportunity to work directly with the plant engineering performing a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Complete standard work instructions and data entry.
- Reading and making electrical drawings, program PLCs, exposure to robotics.
- Assist with the maintenance of hydraulic presses, robots, assembly machines, plant support machinery.
- All other tasks as assigned.
Hours of work are flexible with class schedule – minimum 3 days a week, some weekends may be required.
Rate of pay: $12.00 - $14.00 / hour depending on experience.
- Student enrolled in an engineering academic program – electrical engineering is preferred.
- Experience working with robotics and PLC programming is a plus.
- Proficiency in computer operations using Microsoft Office Software.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
McKee Foods - Process/Packaging Engineering Intern
- Learn from the best(!) as you assist our Corporate Engineering Groups in all phases of projects helping to ensure cost, schedule and performance objectives are successfully met
- Participate in Core Problem Solving of equipment/process related issues; assist Plant Maintenance with troubleshooting and solution implementation
- Assist in planning and coordinating project installations, including coordinating and overseeing vendors and mechanical/electrical contractors
- Collect and verify field dimensions and other data
- Assure installations adhere to approved drawings
- Track all purchase requisitions, and drawing packages from design through installation
- Provide weekly updates to management on project status and schedule progress/completion
- Perform CAD operations to check equipment layout and prepare as built drawings for installed equipment
- Participate in continuous improvement /Lean initiatives and events
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Current enrollment / full completion of at least 2 full academic years of a BS degree program in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering school OR completion of 2 years of full-time pre-engineering studies program by May 2017, along with a verifiable acceptance into an ABET-accredited 4 year engineering program for fall of 2017
- Academic eligibility to attend classes in the fall
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple project activities
- Willingness to travel to other McKee facilities, vendor locations, and suppliers as required
- High level of initiative, assertiveness and self-direction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to excel in a project team environment
- Familiarity with continuous improvement philosophies such as Lean or Six Sigma
- Familiarity and experience with CAD, FEA and other design software
- Prior technical work experience
- Knowledge of shop practices (machine & fabrication)
- Knowledge of schematic reading
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Competitive pay scale
- Flexible hours around school schedule
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Direct deposit payroll
- Credit Union
- Exercise and recreation facility
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate college attendance*
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Up to 40 hours may be expected during summer months)
*Please note: Spare and limited employees (*including interns) are not eligible for some company benefits.
Please upload your current resume to be fully considered for this position.
**Equal Opportunity Employer**
Please apply online at mckeefoods.com:
Wacker Polysilicon - Full Time Internships
Wacker Polysilicon is looking for Chemical and Mechanical engineering seniors, graduate students, or recent graduates that might be interested in up to full-time internships in engineering at Wacker.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume directly to Dr. George Graham at George.Graham@wacker.com.
If you need assistance with your resume see the “Next Day Resume Critique” at the UTC Career and Student Employment Center http://www.utc.edu/career-student-employment/
American Water - Internship
Engineering intern with work with 6 engineers, individually and as a member of the team. Please find the link to the job description below.
Wright Brothers Construction Co.- Interns and Entry Level Employees
Currently seeking interns and entry level employees for Heavy Civil Construction Projects throughout the Southeast. Please have any candidates interested in either internships or for full time positions to send resumes to:
Matt Arp, P.E., Wright Brothers Construction Co.
D: 423-336-2262 Ext. 232
Komatsu - Production Scheduler
Komatsu America Corp. Chattanooga Manufacturing Operation is delighted to announce our newest career opportunity with our Production, Planning and Control department as a Production Scheduler. The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor’s of Science in Business or Engineering or a related field and 1-3 years manufacturing experience; strong communication skills, both written and oral; comprehensive knowledge and ability in Microsoft Suite. APICS CPIM certification preferred, as well as independent problem solving skills required. Accuracy and timeliness are critical. All interested parties must apply via the Komatsu website at www.komatsuamerica.com. A full list of the company’s available positions, including the Production Scheduler position, can be found in the career section of the Komatsu website. First time site users must create a candidate profile prior to applying for any opportunities. Those who successfully apply for the position will receive a confirmation message. Komatsu America Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D).
- BS degree in Business or Engineering or related field and 1-3 years manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge of SAP (or other ERP system) which must include the following areas: MRP process, Material Master, Production Planning, BOM, Purchasing and Warehouse/Inventory Management.
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability in Microsoft Suite
- APICS CPIM certification (Preferred)
- Independent problem solving skills/resourcefulness are required
- Accuracy and timeliness are critical.
- Strong communications skills; both written and oral.
- Travel as required <5%
- Execute local supplier contract administration within the parameters of the individual contracts. Resolve disputes and/or discrepancies relative to deliveries, counts, quality, cost, invoices, etc.
Miller Industries Towing Equipment Inc.- Manufacturing Engineer
Responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering, or Related Field; or two years related experience and/ or training in an industrial environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Manufacturing Engineer responsibilities include (but not limited) to the following:
- Support manufacturing for Continuous Improvement, quality issues on the floor, new launches, engineering changes and Lessons Learned.
- Development and implementation of process control techniques and procedures.
- Analysis of Manufacturing Processes (Process sheets, Tools, Facility Requirements, etc.).
- Change and Create documentation of Manufacturing Processes.
- Time Studies and Line Balancing depicting Manufacturing Processes.
- Quality Control (NCRs disposition) and Corrective actions.
- Bill of Materials – Maintaining and Re-Structuring.
- Routings and Time associated to Piece Parts, Weldments, and/or Assemblies.
- Gather data and analyze pertinent data.
- Confer with design engineering and purchasing in determining product specifications.
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process.
- Conduct Root-Cause Analysis and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Determine Quality of Product by Quality of Design, Quality of Process and Quality of Conformance.
- Review designs for manufacturing feasibility, suggest changes to the design to ensure product cost effectiveness.
- Good working relationship and effective communication skills with vendors, team members, suppliers and project teams.
- Apply and utilize manufacturing best practice for efficiency, quality, safety and capability.
- Completion of miscellaneous duties and projects as directed by supervisor or manager.
- Beneficial basics include technical writing, all of MS Office, Microsoft Project, and knowledge of Quality Tools.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues and solve problems independently.
- Strong team player with an ability to be hands on when necessary.
- Be willing to work off shifts and weekends as required to support manufacturing.
- Ability to teach and mentor others.
Gloria Portillo - email@example.com
Manufacturing Service Manager
(423) 238 4193 / Ext. 1203
Aloompa - Internship
Address: 720 Fessey Park Rd
Contact Name: Brannon Desseyn
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (615) 345-6322
Aloompa creates innovative products for all live events, including music, food, sports, conferences & community events. At the core of Aloompa's products is FestApp, a mobile app platform that boasts an a-la-carte menu of features from schedule sharing to GPS mapping. Aloompa's state-of-the-art proximity platform, Presence, powers incredible attendee experiences and provides never-before-seen insight into attendee behavior. When combined, these products are used to create memorable experiences for fans and brands at events. Hundreds of festivals and events use Aloompa to power their on-site experiences, including New York Comicon, Outside Lands, Electric Forest, X Games, Rodeo Houston, Electric Daisy Carnival and more.
Majors: Computer Science, Marketing, Music Business
Additional Information/Comments: aloompa.com
eSpin - Mechanical Engineering Intern or full-time post graduation
eSpin, a nanofiber-based filtration product manufacturing small business is looking for an energetic mechanical engineer with interest in designing products, modeling fluid flow, execution of product design on manufacturing floor, leading ASHRAE tests-certifications, and representing the company at trade shows and in technical conferences. Potential candidates should apply to: jobs@eSpintechnologies.com.
Additive Manufacturing Composites - 2017 Undergraduate and Graduate Student Internship Opportunity
THE IACMI INTERNSHIP PROGRAM supports the anticipated growth of the advanced manufacturing
composites industry. IACMI’s commitment to grow manufacturing and accelerate the
development of low-cost and energy-efficient manufacturing technologies can be achieved
by fostering interest in these fields, nurturing talent in the nation’s future technical
leaders, and continually engaging budding engineers and scientists. Supportive collaborations
with IACMI partners lend a diverse experience to the program, for recruiting students
of high quality and exceptional technical aptitude.
As an IACMI Intern, you will have the opportunity to:
• Use state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and software
• Interact with scientists and engineers who are top of the advanced composites and
• Apply for an appointment for up to 400 participation hours in either a short-term, 10 week
summer program, or a long-term appointment up to one year
• Engage with over 300 industry, government, and academic members at IACMI’s Members Meeting
• Receive a competitive stipend, housing assistance, and limited travel expenses
To be eligible for the 2017 Internship Program, an undergraduate or graduate student must:
• Be a United States citizen
• Be a student in good standing at a regionally accredited U.S. college or university
• Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2
• Be at least 18 years old at the time of appointment
• Provide proof of health insurance coverage
Applications and supporting materials are being accepted online until March 17, 2017. For more information visit www.orau.org/IACMI or email Julie Malicoat at email@example.com.
The IACMI INTERNSHIP is managed by Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU). For more information on the internship, please visit www.orau.org/IACMI or email Julie Malicoat, Program Manager, at Julie.Malicoat@orau.org.
Local Company (confidential)
Full-time Sales or Technical Sales Support / Account Manager with underlying objective to help with business development. Desired background in construction, asphalt/concrete/block/cement, engineering, chemistry, and/or aggregate. Split time between office setting and job-site work.
Interested candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTC College of Engineering & Computer Science - Design Lab Technician
This position will assist students with design projects to include, but not limited to, 3-D modeling, failure analysis, manufacturability, material selection, fabrication, and assembly. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining equipment in the engineering design lab and keeping the environment clean and safe.
- Training students in the proper and safe usage of equipment in the design lab; assessing each student’s competency with each piece of equipment he/she will be using.
- Determining if design concepts will help meet the overall goal of the project, to include determining if a component should be fabricated or bought, and determining which component to buy.
- Advising student and faculty on material selection, fabrication strategy, and design elements in order to make the best use of time and resources.
- Making repairs and custom fabricate lab components when required; maintaining other engineering labs as needed.
- Hands-on support and advisement of Capstone Design projects.
For qualifications and to apply visit https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=170000000I
Mesa Associates, Inc. - Engineering Interns and Engineers all levels
Click the link below for a list of open jobs and to apply:
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF DALTON-WHITFIELD & MURRAY - Director of Construction
The Director of Construction is responsible for managing new home construction and overseeing the rehabilitation of existing homes throughout HabitatDWM’s service area. Utilizing volunteer construction labor and paid trades, the Director of Construction oversees the entire field construction process after site development. The position reports to the affiliate’s Executive Director. This is a part –time position - up to 28 hours a week.
- Process Engineer Analytics - https://careers.wacker.com/cui(bD1lbiZjPTAxMA==)/default.htm?configurationId=ZH_UNREG_SEARCH#!ZH_UNREG_SEARCH/ZHP_SRCH_POST&cGd1aWQ9N0Q2Qjc0NTdGNUZCOUYyRUUxMDAwMDAwQUMxMzBGNUM%3D
- Plant Engineer – Chip - https://careers.wacker.com/cui(bD1lbiZjPTAxMA==)/default.htm?configurationId=ZH_UNREG_SEARCH#!ZH_UNREG_SEARCH/ZHP_SRCH_POST&cGd1aWQ9QzUxRUI0NTdCMjREN0U1OEUxMDAwMDAwQUMxMzBGNUM%3D
- Process Support Engineer – Deposition - https://careers.wacker.com/cui(bD1lbiZjPTAxMA==)/default.htm?configurationId=ZH_UNREG_SEARCH#!ZH_UNREG_SEARCH/ZHP_SRCH_POST&cGd1aWQ9RjdCQjE3NTgxRjQ4MkI1OEUxMDAwMDAwQUMxMzBGNUM%3D
- Process Support Engineer – Silanes - https://careers.wacker.com/cui(bD1lbiZjPTAxMA==)/default.htm?configurationId=ZH_UNREG_SEARCH#!ZH_UNREG_SEARCH/ZHP_SRCH_POST&cGd1aWQ9ODFCRjE3NTgzMzhDOUE3M0UxMDAwMDAwQUMxMzBGNUM%3D
- Process Engineer – Physical Analytics : https://careers.wacker.com/cui(bD1lbiZjPTAxMA==)/default.htm?configurationId=ZH_UNREG_SEARCH#!ZH_UNREG_SEARCH/ZHP_SRCH_POST&cGd1aWQ9MTM0NjUyNTgwQzIwQUY2MEUxMDAwMDAwQUMxMzBGNUM%3D
Gestamp North America
Gestamp North America is part of an International Group dedicated to the design, development,
and manufacture of metal components and structural systems for the automotive industry.
The company is growing and has job openings in Chattanooga:
Dimensional Quality Engineer
To apply, send resumes to Matthew Bell, Senior HR Generalist, at email@example.com.
Volkert, Inc.—Roadway Engineer
Volkert is a leading provider of transportation and infrastructure engineering services
to federal, state, and municipal government and private industry clients throughout
the United States as well as select international clients.
The company has an opening for a roadway engineer in Chattanooga. Requirements include a bachelor's degree (civil engineering), four to ten years of roadway design experience, Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Tennessee, and experience in TDOT design projects.
To apply, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about other job openings with Volkert.
TEKsystems—Entry/Junior Level Web Designer
TEKsystems is recruiting an entry/junior level web designer for a local company. This
is a full-time job with a competitive salary and full benefits package. Requirements
To apply, send resumes to Matt Lozner, Account Manager of Digital and Creative Services, at email@example.com.
Learn about other job openings with TEKsystems.
MODIS is hiring developers for several companies in the Chattanooga area. Responsibilities
include developing solutions using the .NET framework, working in the Agile software
development environment, and creating and maintaining documentation for all projects.
Requirements include a bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, mathematics),
two years of software development experience with .NET technologies, and experience
To apply, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about other job openings with MODIS.
110 Recruiting (company confidential)—Entry-Level Mechanical Engineers
A local engineering company is looking for recent mechanical engineering graduates
(May 2016 or December 2016) to fill several direct-hire, entry-level engineering roles
in Chattanooga. The salary minimum is $50,000.
To apply, contact Suzanna Lemek, Director of Operations for 110 Recruiting, at email@example.com or (678) 458-7390.
Gestamp - Undergraduate and Graduate Researchers
- Undergraduate or Graduate
- 10 hours per week
- Simulation and modeling of the stamping process
- Training on the industry standard software AutoForm
Students should have experience in simulation/modeling and industrial stamping processes
Interested students should send his/her resume and a brief statement of interest to Dr. Louie Elliott at Louie-Elliott@utc.edu.
CECS Student Research Assistant
The Unmanned Systems Laboratory in the College of Engineering and Computer Science at UTC is searching for both undergraduate and graduate students to perform research. The students selected are expected to work with faculty and other students on a number of robotics projects. In particular, we are looking for students who will contribute toward our research efforts in developing (1) cooperative control and coordination technologies for multiple robotic systems and (2) cooperative sensing capabilities of mobile sensors. A background in computer programming or flying drones (quadrotor and fixed wing) is desired. The positions are available immediately. For more information about the available positions, please contact Dr. Zach Ruble at Zachary-Ruble@utc.edu.
CECS Community Service Internship
The CECS Community Service Internship is a competitive, paid internship that pairs CECS undergraduate or graduate students with nonprofit organizations and government agencies to address community-identified projects in the Chattanooga region.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, September 16, 2016
For more information and to apply visit utc.edu/college-engineering-computer-science/students/community-service-internship.php.