Registration Errors for Business
Students who attempt to register for a closed class or for a class when they do not meet current prerequisites, corequisites, or classification (standing) requirements will receive a registration error message.
Students who would like to register for any closed class (business or other) that offers an online automated waiting list should place their name on the online automated waiting list by typing the CRN of the course in the registration field on the Register/Add/Drop screen of the Academics tab on MyMocsNet.
- Students cannot add their name to a waiting list using the “checkbox” method.
- Students may not place their name on a waiting list while registered in an alternate section of the same course.
- Once a waiting list is created, all open seats are reserved for students on the waiting list.
- Closed class overrides cannot be issued for classes with active waiting lists.
- Students should check their email daily, even during semester breaks, in case the system issues a closed class override.
- If the system issues an override, the student will be notified by UTC email and have 48 hours to update their registration.
- Students who do not update their registration during the 48 hour window are removed from the waiting list.
Students wishing to register for a closed business class that does not offer an online automated waiting list should fill out the College of Business Closed Class Override Request form.
NOTE: We cannot issue overrides for any online/internet courses or for departments outside the College of Business.
College of Business Closed Class Override Request Form (this form is only for business classes)
For all other classes, contact the appropriate department.
Prerequisite or classification (standing) overrides for business classes: This is not a waiver of prerequisites, but an override for accepting equivalent course work that the computer does not recognize or has not posted to the system.
Students who feel they meet the prerequisites should log into their MyMocsNet account, open a new browser window, and fill out the Registration Error Form.
Outstanding course work: Students with outstanding course work must provide an unofficial copy of their final grade before a prerequisite or classification override will be issued. Documentation must include the students' name, UTCID, and UTC course (department and number) information and should be emailed to UTCCOBAdvis@utc.edu, faxed to 423.425.2329 or delivered to 216 Fletcher.
Students registered for prerequisite course work at another institution for the summer must provide a copy of their summer acceptance letter or summer registration to receive a prerequisite override for fall. Students may email or fax their documents to:
(please use your UTC email and include course information)
(please include a cover sheet with your Name, UTCID, course information and ATTN: Undergraduate Advising)